Chapter One

Waking up for school wasn't exactly the highlight of my day. School was my least favorite thing, full of idiots, bullies, and just overall terrible people. But there was one thing that encouraged me to go, my next door neighbor. He was about in his twenty's while I was only seventeen. He would write me love letters, watch me through my window, and when I would go outside he would try to talk to me. Don't get me wrong, he was quite handsome, but he was creepy.

I sighed and looked out my window, there he was looking right at me. I rolled my eyes and closed my blinds and curtains. I changed out of my comfy pajamas, into a light washed pair of high waisted jeans, and long sleeved crop top and a choker. I put on my black combat boots and threw my hair up in a bun. I put on my makeup, the usual foundation, contour,highlight, eyeliner, my eyebrows, lipstick. The stuff a teenage girl couldn't live without.  I grabbed my bag and cellphone and walked downstairs.

My mom was in the kitchen making her breakfast since she knew I would probably just stop at Starbucks, while my stepdad was in the den watching the News. By this point it was 7:00 and school started at 8:00. I still had a complete hour to do whatever, but I really didn't want to stay home. My mom was going to work in fifteen minutes and my stepdad was leaving in five. I don't feel safe being home alone, so I decided just to go ahead and head to Starbucks.

"Mom, I think I'm gonna head out now. I love you bye" I said to my mom.
"Oh alright, be careful! I love you too." She replied giving me a quick hug.
"Bye Mark. Love ya." I said to my stepdad, he just waved his hand and shooed me away like always.

As soon as I pulled out of the drive way, the creepy neighbor walked out front and stood there watching me leave. It was creepy. I hated living there, we couldn't move, we tried. My mom and stepdad have both tried to file reports for me since I'm not eighteen. The cops won't do anything. Everyone who came over would see him staring into my window, or always saw him watching me. It wasn't something he was discreet about, he made it obvious he wanted something to do with me.
I pulled into Starbucks and walked inside. I ordered a Salted Caramel Frappuccino and sat down. I wasn't really hungry this morning, in fact I hardly ever ate breakfast. I worried too much over creepy dude following me.

"Hey Grace!" Said Angel my best friend.
I smiled at her and she could see the worry in my eyes. "Let me guess, Aiden?" I guess I forgot to mention his name's Aiden, "Yeah. He watched me leave on his front lawn." Angel pretended to gag, "He's a creep." I took a sip of my coffee thinking of ways to change the subject, "So are you going to volleyball practice?" I asked, hoping she'd say yes. "I can't I got work." I sighed, I hate being alone.

I looked at the clock and it read 2:55, my history teacher just finished the lesson while everyone began to pack. "Grace, Mr.Williams wants to see you." I sighed, he was our principal. He even tried helping me file reports.

I walked into his office and sat down. "I'm afraid I have bad news, the cops won't investigate Aiden because there's no proof and he has no record." He looked at me and handed me a tissue, I guess he could see that my eyes were watering. "It's not fair. What kind of proof do they possibly need, we've filed a hundred reports, obviously something is wrong. A seventeen year old girl is terrified to be home alone because she's terrified her neighbor might break into her house and take her." I screamed. Mr.Williams tried his best to calm me down, "I know, we're trying to change there mind. Listen I know you're parents work late so is there anyone you can stay with?" I sighed and nodded my head.

I went home that day instead of somewhere safe. Aiden wasn't home between 9 and 6, I know this because it's the only time I feel safe. It's the only time I can go outside with out feeling like I'm being watched.

I laid on my couch and watched reruns of Criminal Minds. I know, I'm being stalked and I choose to watch shows about people being kid napped. Anyways, I kept hearing noises outside. Like someone was walking around my house. I didn't like it. I didn't like it one bit. I grabbed my phone and double checked that all the outside doors were locked. Our windows down stairs were bolted shut and had bars on them so I didn't have to worry about that. I ran upstairs and into my moms room, there I hid in her closest and text my mom and stepdad praying that they would answer. I was terrified, something deep down told me today would be the day I got kid napped. Today would be the day Aiden took me away.