1

(Alyssa in the media)

Alyssa POV

"State your name for the recording." The officer told me. I rolled my eyes and cleared my throat. "Alyssa Michelle Stephens." He sat down and took a sip of water from his drink. "Who killed James?" He asked me. I shook my head and smiled . I wasn't smiling because it was funny , I was smiling because I couldn't believe I was in this situation. "Why do you think I killed him?" I asked as the smile went away.

"Well why are you smiling Alyssa? What's funny?" He asked. I looked down at the table and bit my lip . I wanted to tell it all but I knew he wouldn't believe me. "I already told y'all that i didn't do any of this. Y'all wont even believe me so whats the point of me even talking just go ahead and lock me up."I said while staring him in the eye. "Just start from the beginning and tell me everything." The officer said.

I shook my head. He reached to the table and cut the recorder off. "Go ahead, it will just stay between me and you." He said. I looked down and blew air out of my mouth.

****************************Flash Back**************************

"Girl you brother is going places!" My best friend Asia exclaimed as we cheered for when on the court. He was the best basketball player in our school. He shot the buzzer beater and the crowd went wild. I ran down on the court and hugged him. I couldn't do anything else because his team crowded around him and we crazy. I walked back to Asia and we started talking about the other basketball players that just lost. Then one caught my eye. He was so fine and chocolate.  He was tall and his smile was everything.

"Alyssa! Stop staring." Asia said to me. When i snapped out of my daze i saw that he was staring back. I gasped and turned around so quick . "I didn't know he was staring back bruh." I told Asia . She started to say something but she stopped and smiled. She wasn't looking at me she was looking at someone behind me . I turn around and the boy is standing right there .

He was smiling and I got lost again. "Hey my name is Lo." He said . I couldn't speak I just smiled. Up close he looked so good. Even tho he had finished playing a game he looked amazing. "Um so is that a yes?" He said. I zoned back in confused as ever . Before I could say anything he walked away.

"GIRL! What happened !" Asia exclaimed. I hit myself in the face with my hand. "I fucked up again." I said . She smiled and shook her head. "Nuh uh girl not this time. I gave him your number and all. You not taking no more L's." She said. I squealed and hugged her. "Bruh I can't thank you anymore." I told her.

My shyness has been killing me . I blow it with every cute boy that tries to talk to me. I been shy ever since I was wearing beads. I turned around and saw the boy leaving the gym talking to him friends. "Hey Lyssa." I turned around to see my ex Jay standing there with some of his friends. I showed a fake smile and waved.

"You look good ma." He said . I rolled my eyes ,"Jay what do you want ?" I said getting aggravated . He smiled and shook his head. "Listen man I'm just trying to warn you bout that nigga Deangelo. He got to many hoes for you to be trying to fuck with him. " Jay said. I scoffed. "And I'm just suppose to listen to you , like you didn't have all the girls in your inbox while we was dating , like you was the best boyfriend ever right? " I said . He was quiet so I walked away . I saw Asia talking to her boyfriend so I decided that I will just spilt .

I walked to my car and got in and pulled off. I played Bad and Boujee by Migos and jammed all the way home. When I got home I dropped my keys on the counter and went inside the kitchen to find something to eat. I didn't find nothing that I wanted as usual so I went to my room and got on my phone.

I decided to text my brother and see what he was doing tonight .

Me: Wya? What you getting into tonight 👀