Adventure!?!?

Orin rolled to the side of his bed and sat up, his long brown hair against his pale white skin made him look like a princess. He was often confused with a princess because of his long hair, he hated this. Those days were long past at this point however, he was 37 now and till young. He was a dwarf and he was going to love to 1000 years old. Orin finished school a week ago and he was ready to fulfill his lifelong dream... an adventure. Orin walked down the grand stone hallway to the main hall. The walls were full of grand jewels and precious metals. "Hey Orin!" A voice called from several feet away. "Who is there?" Orin replied.

"Seriously..." Orin recognized who it was immediately his brother Thur. They had the same dream to go on an adventure and save the world. Their only problem, there was no world destroying villains to fight and destroy. Orin ran to catch up with his brother. "Brother," Thur said with a nod "how are you?" Orin panting from a lack of air just gave him a thumbs up as to suggest he was fine. They walked down the rest of the hall just catching up it had been a few days since they had seen each other, Thur was in the deep mines a terrible place often used as punishment.

When they finally made it to the hall they sat with a group they graduated with and talked about their life plans. Most said they were going to be soldiers or miners but, Thur and Orin both said they were going to be explorers. "Haha an explorer what next are you gonna live above ground, princess?" A fairly stocky dwarf shouted aloud for all to hear. Orin looked at the table as though he had just stole a cookie from the cookie jar.

They enjoyed their lunch a fine lunch of bread, beef, vegetable which no one ate, and fine dwarves ale. Lunch was over all to quickly and then it was time to part ways once again. Both brothers had jobs but they both hated them Orin was a guard for the cellar, a very boring job as not very much happens and Thur worked in the mines a worse job were they hit rocks all day in search of gold. "I'm going to quit..." Orin said as he geared up for his afternoon shift.
"Not yet I need one more pay check before we go," Thur replied with a harsh undertone. Orin just continued to complain about his horrible job and how he never got paid enough for what he did. Thur left half way through his rant in his coal coloured clothes. Orin through on his dress armour with its jewels and gold plating. Orin grabbed his ax as he waddled out the door still angry that he had to work for another week.

Thur made it to the mines and asked for his pay check. "Not this week, next week it will be double normal though," the manager said as though it was a good thing. Thur just shook his head and went to work.

When Orin arrived at the cellar the previous guard was not there, he thought very little of this, however, because he often left his post a few minutes early as well.