Page 1

I gave you everything I had. I gave you my attention. I gave you my time. What did you give me? A smile here, a ''hi'' there. You gave me no attention. You gave me none of your time. Even still, you said you loved me and that's all it took to make me forget the rest.

Until it all abruptly ended.

Five. We were five. I adored you. I grew up following you around like a puppy everywhere you went. Do you remember our promise? I do. You promised me we would always be together, no matter what. I would never be alone. I never thought you'd be the kind to break a promise but I always stand corrected, don't I ''Best Friend?''

Let'make another time skip, shall we? Fourth.Freaking.Grade. New school,same friends. At least that is what I thought it would be. She was the new girl. You were the cool one.It was understandable she would feel the need to become friends with you, but you surprised me. Everybody had tried to become best friends with you before. I mean who wouldn't want to honestly. But you always denied them, I was the one and only. So, what changed? What was different about her? Ever since you met her you talked to me less and less. I would try everything to stay close to you. I would insert myself in the conversation. I would invite myself to things you never invited me too. But I never left your side.

 That is until you kicked me out of it.

Before continuing with my story, (at least my side of things because I bet your version of the story comes with a perfectly good excuse to everything that happened.) I would like to point out that everything you do comes with a price. An unforgiving one. I want you to read this carefully and keep that in mind.

That day I reassured myself I had done nothing wrong. Ironically that same day I became invisible. Finally the day had come when you did not even bother to pretend I was your friend anymore. Or acknowledge I even existed for that matter. I talked to you throughout the whole school day but you wouldn't even blink towards my direction. For now you had a whole gang of friends who practically adored you. Just like I did. 

Back then I wasn't a quitter. But of course things change over time. Just like you did. That was my first time quitting. I gave up on you. You didn't even notice. 

Was finding my replacement easy? Like a piece of cake I bet. I heard she became your best friend. I will gladly inform you the situation wasn't quite the same for me. Finding friends wasn't difficult. The challenge was to keep them. You see, those friends already had other friends,their old ones. The ones who had stayed with them from the very beginning. On the other hand I had no one.