SANDHIR OS- DADDY'S PRINCESS

Kritika is solving an equation on the blackboard when her gaze falls on Sanyukta, who time to time is glancing at the wall clock and at times at her mobile. She looked worried.

'Sab theek?' Kritika asked softly; she placed her palm on Sanyukta's shoulder.

'Huh...yes...no...' Sanyukta sighed shaking her head. She looked sadly at the files and a circuit placed on her table.

She had quickly wrapped up work and was ready to leave home, but Sumrit Sir gave her more work and now she has to stay back longer.

'It's 8 pm, and there is so much work to do. I have to stay longer' Sanyukta said exasperatedly. Kritika looked on confused. Sanyukta sighed

'Randhir is alone at home with Rhea. She is just 2 and Randhir isn't good with kids. How must he be managing? I am worried about my baby...and also Randhir' Sanyukta said. Kritika smiled looking at Sanyukta's worried expression. She squeezed Sanyukta's shoulder

'Randhir will manage, he is the father after all. Relax' Kritika assured her. Sanyukta nodded but continued to look worried.

TRING! TRING

'Hey, Parth!' Randhir happily greeted his best friend. Parth has just arrived from Africa; he is to stay with his two best friends Randhir and Sanyukta for one week.

'Hey!' Parth hugged Randhir, he hugged him back. Parth followed Randhir to the guest room.

'Where is the little princess?' Parth asked placing his luggage on the bed. Randhir smiled and replied she is asleep

'Come' Randhir said and led Parth to his room. Parth excitedly followed Randhir. Randhir is also really excited to introduce his little angel to his best friend.

'Parth meet Rhea' Randhir introduced his daughter with pride. Parth peeped inside the cradle and smiled looking at a little girl dressed in baby pink and white fork. She has her mouth slightly open, her hands up, she has clenched her right palm in a tight fist, her eyes closed. She seemed to be in a deep sleep.

'Beautiful' Parth complimented and Randhir felt his chest swell with pride.

'Come, I have this new video game. I am champ in that. Want to play?'

'I will beat you.'

'In your dreams' Randhir placed his hand over Parth's shoulder and led him to the sofa room.

Fifteen minutes into the game the boys are totally engrossed. The room echoed with their cheers.

Five minutes later, Parth frowned 'Dude, you hear something?' He said. Randhir doesn't reply his gaze glued to the screen; he is too involved in the game. Parth strained his ear and realized he heard a baby's cry

'Dude, Rhea, is crying' Parth said leaping from his seat. Randhir looked at him. He paused the game; now the room echoed with Rhea's cries

'Shit!' Randhir jumped and rushed into the room. He peeped in and find that Rhea is crying badly, she is moving her hands and kicking. Her face red.

'Oh no!' Randhir scrunched his nose on noticing the duvet wet.

'Arghh....' Parth said as Randhir lifts her. Her diaper is full; it seemed like she has done more than just peeing.

Randhir asked Parth to place a cloth on the bed which he will get from the second drawer from inside the wardrobe. Parth quickly placed the cloth and Randhir gently laid crying Rhea.

'Eeee...' Randhir said lifting her dress. He placed a finger on his nose, this is sinking. Parth scrunched his nose. Randhir is about to open the diaper but stopped mid-way. He looked at Parth and frowned. Parth shrugged.