1: Harkening the Crystal Arch

Malthael's corrosive influence gnawed at the edge of every realm. Within the High Heavens, angels crossed these patches of destruction with mourning and contempt. However good his intentions, however just he believed himself to be, the former Aspect of Wisdom proved to be the greatest fool in Creation the moment he presumed to contain the Black Soulstone.

The starlit boughs and gleaming arches of their Golden City bore silent witness to the atrocities committed by its brethren. Angels everywhere felt unworthy of looking upon the splendor of their home. Twice have they defiled its name, first through allowing demons to roam its sacred streets, and second through Malthael's crusade.

Then, heralding its children, the Crystal Arch began to sing.

The Heavenly Host lifted their hooded heads at the beacon. The most it ever did was hum, but this was truly a song. The sweet, sweet music filled the air, lifting their pride and spirits. By the time the majority of the Heavens gathered at the site, the Archangels were standing at the fore.

Imperius stood at the side of his two angelic siblings, frowning inwardly that Tyrael could not arrive fast enough to share this moment.

Auriel picked up on his emotions, like an angry hum tainting the purity of the music before them.

"It is for the best that Tyrael is not with us," she said. "Mortal eyes will burn if they look upon the Arch as it is now."

Itherael pointed at the Crystal Arch before them, brightening until all angels were blinded by its light.

"She comes," he intoned, as though reading a line from his scroll of Fate. "Justice is born anew."

Meanwhile, Sanctuary turned its head to the sky. The Demon Hunter, Valla, approached with eerie calm. This did not feel like a dark omen, like that of Tristram's falling star. But it was hardly inconsequential.

Clouds gathered in the night sky, obscuring the moon and stars from view. Behind their layer was a fog of light, increasing in brightness, until the dead hours appeared as midday.

 Behind their layer was a fog of light, increasing in brightness, until the dead hours appeared as midday

Tyrael woke from his reverie at the hearth. He smiled with peaceful abandon, two shining tears running down his face.

"What is it?" Valla wondered.

"The Heavens have a new Archangel." He beamed. "Justice has been reborn."