One Day: UAAP One-Shot

A/N: So there's no specific character for this. You can imagine your favorite UAAP player ;)

This is a product of my boredom and my love for coffee shops. Lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, we’ll bump into each other in a coffee shop. You’ll give me that smile of yours and I’ll smile back. You’ll ask me how I’ve been and I’ll answer “Fine.” I’ll ask you the same question and you’ll say “Same, same.” You’ll check your watch and tell me you have to go. Before you leave, you'll say “See you around.”

One day, we’ll bump into each other in a coffee shop. You’ll smile at me again and I’ll smile back. You’ll look outside the window and say “It’s raining” and I’ll reply “Yeah.” The barista will call your name ‘cause your coffee is ready. You’ll bid goodbye and say “See you around.”

One day, we’ll bump into each other in a coffee shop. This time, I’m on my way out while you’re on your way in. I’ll be the first to smile and you’ll smile back. Before we part, you’ll say “See you around.”

One day we’ll bump into each other in a coffee shop. You’ll be busy talking seriously with your companions. You’ll look up and smile at me. As I wait for my coffee by the counter, you’ll ask the barista for mugs of water. Before you go back, you’ll say “See you around.”

One day, we’ll bump into each other in a coffee shop. You’ll be sitting by the window and wave at me as I enter. You’ll offer the seat across you and then check your watch. You’ll ask me if I have something else to do. I’ll pretend to think about it but the truth is, there’s nowhere else I’d rather be. You’ll rant about your the guy from the other team who plays dirty. You’ll also rant about the another guy who loves to talk trash. I’ll nod and laugh at the appropriate moments but what will be going through my head is how much I missed the way your eyebrows knit when you’re in deep thinking, the way you scratch the back of your ear when you’re nervous, the way your face brightens up when you remember our childhood memories, your baritone laugh, and your cool voice. I’ll snap out of my reverie when you ask me about me and my boyfriend. I’ll laugh at you and tell you that I still haven’t had one. You’ll have that puzzled look in your face and you’ll ask me why. Of course I won’t say that even after all this time, it’s still you. Instead, I’ll tell a joke and we’ll both laugh. My phone will ring and I will be surprised to see the time. We’ve been talking for hours and neither seemed to mind. I’ll bid goodbye first and you’ll say “See you around.”

One day, I’ll see you in a coffee shop. You’ll have a serious expression on your face and I’ll see you talking to your girlfriend. You won’t even notice me even when the barista calls out my name. As I leave the coffee shop, I’ll whisper “See you around.”

One day, I’ll be in the coffee shop and you wouldn’t. Days will turn into weeks. Weeks will turn into months.

One day, we’ll bump into each other in a coffee shop. We’ll sit by the same corner we sat a few months ago. You’ll tell me about how you broke up with your girlfriend, and I’ll say words to comfort you. I’ll be frustrated with myself for feeling slight joy. You’ll say you got over it and that you just didn’t work out. We’ll get into talking about the past again and laughing at our moments of craziness. I’ll bid goodbye first but you’ll grab my wrists. I’ll look at you with surprise on my face and you’ll laugh and then scratch the back of your ear. You’ll stutter as you ask to take me out for dinner sometime. I’ll pretend to think for a moment but I already knew what the answer would be. Before I leave you’ll say “I’ll pick you up at seven.”

Years will pass and we’ll bump into each other again. It won’t be in a coffee shop where the smell of coffee beans being ground is strong and the clatter of utensils are heard everywhere. This time, the smell will be of fresh flowers, the sound will be from the organ. I’ll be wearing white and you’ll be dashing in your suit. Instead of goodbyes and see-you-arounds, we’ll both say “I do.”