Prologue

__________________________________________________________

Authors Note; This is not the first chapter nor the next one, it's sort of a random middle section that I wrote when I was bored one and will fit in somewhere later. It's the first section that I wrote, so everything I write was built off of it. I'm not sure if I should continue or not? Let me know because this was originally just on Wattpad as a draft, but I thought I might aswell publish it and give you guys sort of a teaser to a story I might be writting/continuing soon!

- Stefanie.

P.S. The first chapter is now up and in progress!

__________________________________________________________

In one moment I knew three things. One, that my sister was high on ecstasy. Two, that my homework wasn't getting done tonight and three, that my dad wasn't going to be pleased about this.

"I cannot believe you!" I felt her sway under my hold, the pounding rave music made my shouts sound distant. Her enlarged pupils were the first indication. They looked back at me vaguely, not listening to a word I was saying.

I raised my voice, "Dad's going to kill you, then me, and then he'll arrest himself!" She rolled her eyes, giggling as if this was all funny.

"Like chill out Libby, he ain't gonna find out." The slur of her words also indicated that she'd been been drinking. Not good. "Come on, loosen up! Just dance!" Throwing her hands up in excitement, she screamed loud and swayed backwards nearly falling. My hand shot out and caught her before she could topple onto the nearby couple that was sucking eachothers faces off. This caused another eruption of giggles to escape through her lips. Sighing, I could feel my rage leak out.

"Marissa, we're leaving. Now."

There was no need to yell this time, the look I gave her was enough to show her I wasn't joking around anymore. Grabbing her hand before she could protest, I lead us through the mob of sweaty bodies. Marissa was always screwing everything up and tonight was a whole new level of screw ups, even for her. One moment I was in the company of Kale. Finally enjoying myself for once and the next I was being told by a complete stranger that my careless, irresponsible sister needed me. She always needs me. Needs me to hold her hair back when she pukes, to keep her up when she falls and to put her in line. To protect her. I pushed though the door frame and let go of her hand. The feeling of air brushing across my skin and wrapping itself around me, cooled off my rising temper. Reaching into my purse I fished out my car keys. I did have one beer tonight, but after the previous string of events I was more then sober enough to drive. Marissa stood next to me, her head slowly rested against my shoulder, a loopy smile plastered on her face. I couldn't help but let out another sigh, she was my sister after all and that wouldn't change no matter what she got herself into. Her blonde hair lay matte across her forehead, reaching over I tucked the strand back in line with the others. Yes, she was older but it was moments like this where I could pass, not just as her older sister but maybe even her mother. Wrapping my arm across her bare shoulders, I steadied her all the way to the car.

After helping her into the car and buckling her seat belt for her, then did I realize the crap station wagon parked behind us. Closing the passenger door, I leaned through the car window.

"Marissa..." I whispered, her eyes starting to flutter into unconsciousness. "I'll be right back I have to go find the asshole who parked behind me." She nodded slightly and I left.

....