The door

Strolling down a typical street in Ohio you would expect no one would be scared of other people, but they were. The door at number 52 was no one's house as they couldn't enter the house without dying in an instant, this one was different. I was different. Watching another group of teenagers trying to get into the house was everyone's fear that the younger generation would never be the same again. They exclaim that the devil lives there, ha, everyone laughs at them as it seems impossible for the devil to live here in Ohio, if I think about it that makes the devil my neighbour, ha. Funny.

In my dreams I'm opening the door at my hand alone and the other side is full of darkness besides a single staircase which leads all the way down to the centre of Earth, what wakes me up every time is a figure coming up the stairs slowly and glaring at me and it stuns me so much it physically hurts my unconscious body, the pain didn't wake me up its what he said afterwards, the whisper of the figure I couldn't stand. His head turned to me, looked and smiled with a mischievous grin and he spoke softly and said "Die so we can be reunited." I woke in an instant whole body drenched in sweat and a stabbing pain in my leg where it was blood red, seemed as if I was stabbed, screaming waking the whole house up and my white door smashed off the wardrobe and the glare of my half waken mother shook me into unconsciousness.