Chapter 1: The New Kid

Well, today is the first day, and I already messed up.  I was heading over to the first class I had, which was in the Arts building...and I had no clue where I was going.  I started walking backwards, looking at my surroundings, and all of a sudden I fall over.  But I realized that I actually didn't fall on top of the floor.  I sat up, and looked at where I landed.  I was on top of a girl....great.  "I am so, so, so, sorry about that," I stammered, "I didn't even realize you were behind me!"  She simply smiled, and said, "It's alright, friend-o."  I stood up, and brushed her off.  "The name's Obama.  Barrack Obama."  She held up her hand to shake it, and I just looked at her.  "What?"  This "Obama" laughed, and said "Nah, my name's really just Ripley."  I laughed, and shook her hand.  "The name's Presley.  It's nice to meet you, Ripley."
                         "Likewise, Presley."  She looked around, and asked, "Are you lost?"  "Um...no?"  She grinned.  "Yes you are, I can tell."  She could see into my soul....spooky.  "So um...can you help me find the Arts building?  I'm a freshman here."  She nodded, and said "Follow me, man."  So we did, and I realized how close we were to the building.  It was huge.  It had a stage, a music room, multiple classrooms, and just.  Wow, it was beautiful!  I looked to Ripley with possibly the biggest grin ever.  She smiled, and pointed to her wrist.  Oh fudge.  I bolted toward a classroom that was meant for music class.  Breathing heavily, I looked up to see a class full of possibly fifty people I didn't know.
                       Well everyone, except for Michelle.  My past girlfriend.  She looked as good as ever.  Headshot.  My brain became nothing as soon as she saw me.  She smiled and patted the empty stool next to her.  "Hey, smart guy."  "Hey, little lady."  We laughed, and looked back to the teacher, who is now frowning at me.  She didn't say anything, except she wrote in her notepad and set it down.  "Alright, time to begin."  The teacher said.

                                          * two hours later*

                        Michelle and I walked together to our next class, and it was actually nice to talk to her again.  After we broke up, we decided to stay friends, and we were fine by that.  She said, "So how's your first day?"  "It was actually kind of nice, you're here, and I made a new friend!"  She smiled, and asked, "Who is it?"  "Ripley!"  "Cool!  What does he like?"  "It's actually a girl, and she's really cool!" I exclaimed, and smiled.  "Cool!"  And speak of the devil- "Hey Presley!" She waved, and hugged me.  "Is this Ripley?"  Ripley nodded.  "And your name is..."  "Michelle."  Ripley shook her hand, smiling.  "Shall we head to class?" I asked, and they nodded.  "I like your red sweater!" Ripley said smiling.  "It's maroon, actually," I said, chuckling, "but close enough."  This happens a lot when I wear this sweater.
                        Ripley and Michelle actually got along pretty darn well.  They like the same movies, shared a love for books, theories, stuff like that.  I smiled as they blabbered on and on about the Divergent series, and the movies.  It was adorable when they got even more into their discussion, getting more and more excited.  By the time lunch came around, Ripley and Michelle were practically inseparable!  They asked me which of the Hunger Games books I liked, and I shrugged saying, "I've never read the books, or watched the movies."  They both gasped, and looked at me as if I just cursed them.  They questioned in unison, "You've never read the series?"  I shook my head, "Nope.  It never really intrigued me."  They both nodded and Michelle said, "I respect your opinion, but you might like it!" Ripley nodded as she said this.

If you like this chapter, want anything improved, or more to this story, please leave a comment, like, or anything of the sort.  Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a wondeful day!
/NerdyCake15