Prologue

That Smile
(( Partially inspired by Hamilton's "Dear Theodosia" ))

"It was...true?"

"Do you think I'd lie about being a father?"

"I can't believe it..."

"This is...your child?!"

"Yes, guys...for real..." The blue wearing brother clutched the sleeping child in his arms, cradling the bundle. "What happened, anyway?"

"My sweet love...d-died..."

"Good god! I-I-...I'm so sorry..."

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault." He frowned, "at least I still have my darling..."

"Who is this, anyway?"

Karamatsu gently smiled, "This is my daughter (Y/n). She's only a few months old." His brothers still couldn't believe it, and he seemed so different from the last time they saw him, was it really possible to change so much in the span of only a few months? Maybe that's what parenting did to you.

"Look at her! She looks so much like her mother." He cooed.

"..." They all stared, all reactions unsure. Not even Jyushimatsu said anything. "We're...uncles?"

"Hard to believe, right?"

"Y-yeah...uh..." Osomatsu sat next to the blue wearing man, staring at the child. "She's beautiful, isn't she?"

"...she is..." he smiled, his heart warming as she opened her eyes to show brown eyes like theirs. "She has our eyes!"

"Yep. I wonder who's traits she'll have?"

Ichimatsu stared at the child in silence, watching as her eyes wandered around seemingly tiredly, those brown orbs landing on him. He blushed as she seemed to smile in his direction.

"You don't have a place to go?"

"Nope. Before she died I was trying to find a place to work. I couldn't find anywhere, and I was stuck living at her place. A few weeks after she died I was kicked out!" he frowned, "I'm just asking for you all to let me stay here until I have enough funds to get an apartment or something. I'm here for (Y/n), not for myself." He looked to all of his brothers.

The 5 looked to each other, seemingly trying to decide. He was a pain, and WAS pain. Painful. But looking back to the adorable girl in his arms...

"Fine."