Chapter 1

Athena's P.O.V.

"Are you sure about this? Promise I won't get hurt?" I asked my mom.

"Don't you worry, darling. You won't get hurt, I promise," she said caressing my cheek.

"Now, on you go. The train will be leaving soon. Write me a letter when you get there, okay?"

I nodded, feeling her kiss on my cheek. I ran through Platform 9¾ only to find the Hogwarts Express right in front of me, young witches and wizards hugging and kissing their parents goodbye before entering the train. I took a deep breath.

This is it.

---

Every compartment was full. And it seems like the one at the very end wasn't, so I didn't have any choice. Slowly, I pushed the door open. Inside was a young wizard, and on his lap was a fluffy-looking tabby cat. He didn't seem to notice that I was there so I made the first attempt to talk.

"Hello..." I said with a smile.

The boy looked up and smiled as well.

"Do you mind if I join you here?" I asked.

He shook his head, still smiling. I went inside and grabbed my trunk along with me. Ashes, my grey cat following me. I sat on the other side of the compartment so he was facing me.

"I'm Athena. Athena Cassandra Mollison. You can call me Cassy." I said.

"I'm Newt. Newton Artemis Fido Scamander." He said, looking out of the window.

What's wrong with him?

I suddenly heard a faint hiss. I looked down and saw Ashes hissing at Newt's cat. I patted her fluffy head.

"It's okay, Ashes. His cat won't hurt you."

---

"Ravenclaw!" The Sorting Hat said.

I happily joined the Ravenclaw table, took a seat, and thanked the ones who welcomed me.

"Newt Scamander!"

There was this silence again as we all watched Newt come in front and sit on the chair.

"Hufflepuff!"

He smiled warmly and joined the other table. And the ceremony continued.

--- 3rd Year ---

"I don't understand, I mean... My flobberworms would still be alive if I didn't feed them too much lettuce, right? But why did professor suggest me to feed them a lot?" I asked my best friend, Ivory, as we made our way to our common room.

"He's cracked up... I think," she said.

I let out a giggle. "Wait. Where's Newt? I haven't seen him in a while." I asked looking around the hallway. 

"Maybe he's with the hippogriffs again," Ivory said. "You know him, Cassy."

I shook my head and smiled. "Oh, Newt."

--- 7th year ---

"Leta, no! Give him back!"

I heard a voice said. Was that Newt?

I was walking down the dark hallway. It was already past midnight and I can't sleep. So I decided to take a walk, careful not to be caught.

"But, Newt. This Bowtruckle seems useless. He looks like just an ordinary stem with two leaves!" I heard 'Leta' said.

A sudden rage filled my heart as I tried to look for them. And there they were, at a dimly lit classroom.

"Newt?"

"Athena..." He looked at me with sad eyes.

I couldn't help but glare at Leta. Who the hell is she?

"You there. Why don't you want to give that Bowtruckle back to Newt?" I said.

I walked towards her, fists clenched.

"Because I don't want to. And also because this looks useless, so why give it back when I can just throw this one away?" She said.

"Leta, please-"

"Say goodbye to your dear friend," Leta said, pushing me aside and walking out of the classroom.

I'm not yet done with her.

"LETA!" I yelled, running out of the room and after her. 

I grabbed her by the right arm and pushed her into the nearby wall.

"Give the Bowtruckle back to Newt. Now." I said, glaring at her.

She smirked. Pulling out her wand, she said.

"I'm sorry for doing this to you, Athena."

I stopped and pulled out my wand, but then, she made the first move.

"Expelliarmus!"

And there I stood, unarmed. I saw Newt ran towards my direction. But everything was too late.

She pushed me into a nearby window. I was about to push her back and run away but then...

"Petrificus totalus!"

I can't move... I can't fight... Newt help me...

For the last time, I saw Newt pulling out his wand but seemed hesitant to fight. Knowing him, he never really wanted to hurt anyone.

Leta pushed me out of the window.

The last thing I knew was that I was falling. And then everything went black.