The Power of Prayer

When we are starting to pray, but we have no guidelines for the beginning of prayer, we always start off with, HI LORD or JESUS if you're up there please listen to my prayers.

Now for a new born in Christ, that's a good start. Usually there are churches that provide an outline for basic prayer and how to go before the Lord.

Sometimes there are people that like to do, is what we call, go with what comes to your  mind prayer. This is a type of prayer that is done several ways.

One the prayer of what I want and need.

Lord please give me a new car, the ability to pay for it. Now this person prayed for something that they want,  but doesn't have a good paying job or is in need of a job.

The right thing to do is to pray for the Lord to provide you with a good paying job. Sure a good paying job, but you have to either walk to work, take a bus, catch a ride with a co worker or we can ask a family member to give us a ride to work.

Why Patients Play a Key Role

Now we are working and we are making progress in our job.  When we plan on prospering and we are giving tithes of what we earn faithfully.  Then it's time to pray for the transportation that we need, so that we can show consistency when we get to work.

When we pray for our job and we tell the Lord how much we appreciate the job and the transportation that is helping to get you from one place, to another.

What we are doing is showing gratitude towards our work and transportation, even though the transportation is not exactly what you wanted.

For the people that are just impatient and can't tolerate people bossing them around,  this prayer is often used.

Lord I'm so tired of this job, they this boss harasses me to get things done. Can you make this person suffer, please.   When will I ever get a raise, I'm being bullied around here and I feel like quitting.

What your doing is, complaining out of how difficult you are having, in your work environment and your boss.

Colossians 3:23‭-‬24 CEVUS06
Do your work willingly, as though you were serving the Lord himself, and not just your earthly master. In fact, the Lord Christ is the one you are really serving, and you know he will reward you.

Two The Prayer of Uncertainty

When we make these types of prayers,  you are unsure of what you want, when you're making your petition to pray.

For example : Lord I need a few things in life, but for now I am asking for this. Then the prayer changes to; on second thought please give me this and not that other thing.

We have to remember that the Lord knows what we truly want and the way we should pray for things, is to think how will the Lord prioritize your petitions.

God knows what you need, we just have to learn how to ask for it through devotion of prayer and through the knowledge of the scripture.

Colossians 4:2 CEVUS06
Never give up praying. And when you pray, keep alert and be thankful.

For every prayer petitions that we bring before the Lord, have a thankful, humbled heart before the Lord God Almighty. 

Never think that when we don't get what we want, as an answer to our prayer,  that the Lord is against you. Sometimes we have to think when we are asking the Lord for these petitions,  we have to ask ourselves,  is it the Lord's will for this petition to be answered.

When we look at the Scriptures,  we have to study God's Word correctly.  God knows what he wrote in the Bible using Apostles, Prophets, etc. Our prayers has to be outlined with the truth that is in God's Word.