Chapter One: Freedom comes with a cost

Hey guys! These chapters will be a little shorter, but hopefully, they will come out faster. I hope you enjoy the book, and please tell me what you think in the comments!

"Time to get up Emma. It's a big day," My personal maid, Liza, was standing over me. I stretched out of bed, yawning. "Your father has requested you in his office after you are ready," She said. I nodded my head, and she walked out of the door, leaving me alone at last. I opened my closet, looking for something pretty. I pulled out a pretty green dress that went well with my fiery red hair and green eyes. I slipped on the dress, and as I was tying the bow on the back, a sudden pain went threw my ankle. I turned around to see my little pet fox, Foxy (Yeah I know, great name right?) scratching at my heels.

"That hurt Foxy," I said as I scopped him up into my arms. I walked downstairs, strocking his red fluffy fur. I turned the hall to his office, and opened the glass doors. I walked up to his desk. He was like me, tall, blazing red hair, green eyes.  My father was writting something, so he didn't notice my entrance. I only caught a small glance of what he was writting before he sharply folded it.

                                                                 Dear Mr. Freeman

My daughter Emma is becoming of age, and needs a husband. I know you have a son-

Thats all I saw, and all I needed. I was getting married to some boy I didn't even know. I was only 16, but my birthday was in a couple of weeks. I held back tears of rage and anger ad my father started to talk.

"Emma, I relized you are growing up, and I thought that you deserve more freedom. From now own, you are allowed to go wherever you want in the castle, and you are allowed to go outside as long as you are home by 6:00," He said.

"Yes father," I said in a shaky voice. I was happy about my new freedom, but I learned it comes with a cost.

I opened the front doors of the castle, grabbing my green cloak before leaving. I pulled the hood over my face, because the last thing I wanted was someone to notice it was the princess on a walk. I headed into the middle of town, passing homes and stores. The streets where cramed with people going here and there. There were lots of stands on the streets, including food, clothes, and medicence. I countinued walking on, going to my destination of the line near ice world. I just wanted to see it for once.

After a couple of hours, I was at my destination. The fire flowers were still there, glowing and beutifull. I colopesed on the ground cryng. The tears evaporated off my hot face, making me cry harder.

"Don't cry. It's ok,' Said a beautifull vioce behind me. I turned around looking at the line. There was a boy who looked my age  standing behind the line, looking at me.

"Who are you?" I said, a bubbly feeling in my stomach.

"The names Jason. Yours?" He said. I finally got a good look at him, tall, blue eyes, brown flicked up hair with a little frost. He was like my dream husband. But I knew that wasn't happening. I would get married to some maniac that would drive me nuts.

"It's nice to meet you Emma. What brings you here?" He said.

"My name is Emma," I said, my heart pounding. I was going to have to lie. I couldnt tell him about the wedding. It would just ruin it. Think Emma, Think!

"I...uh, spilled a bucket of milk and my father was mad," I said. I blushed, feeling bad I had lied.

"I don't blame you. Parents can be tricky. I come here often becauase I live right next door. Maybe we could meet up more often," He said, those blue eyes shinning.

"um...Sure! How about tommorow, same time?" I said.

"Sure! See you there!" He said. I waved back, and started to run. If I didn't make it in time, I could be late.