MUSES FROM THE COLOR PURPLE

Like the sun sets on the earth in performance of its duty , she stays vigilant waiting for her husband's call to command. Who would not sense and see the pain in her teary eyes as she performs her customary duties to her husband? She is tired, tired from the unending wifely activities and dares not complain or she suffers stories retold of how she was picked up from nowhere to somewhere. Those words yet meaningless to a living -dead. 

" Have you shined my shoes?"  He yells . Are my clothes straight? Where is my tie, my shoes, socks , and food ? Are the kids ready? Make sure you dress them properly ?" She moves around the house like some mad woman searching for what was never lost.  Her eyes speak innocence, her body cries for rest and her soul for independence.

She swallows the gall of the battering words that crumbles her self- esteem and self- image. Does she have a say? No. "You must acknowledge that I am the man of this house and I own you ," he says in a tone of arrogance. Tears, hot tears flow from her eyes like the water from the brook flowing endlessly against the hard rock; but this time it's the tears from a dying soul. She is faced with the reality of the brutality from a man she loves.

Screams, shattered vases, deep marks , red liquid , tired body and a very cold night. He is on her while her soul races through the breezy dusty field seeking a safe haven. The brutality from the man she loves and calls her husband.
.

​                                                      Then, one fine day,

A bright ray flashes swiftly  into  her subconscious . It was the light from the potency of letters and resemblance , dashing into her room and frail mind and this time it subdued the cruelty of words that trampled on her identity and self -image. Now she met with her true self , a split resemblance of the lady in the mirror. The lady with eyes so intense , zealous and set for success. She, at last, found her lost identity and did not need to be defined by the lies from her husband's sharp tongue nor feel  empty and unaccepted by the world. Now she is aware that she is a true example of vigor and a victor and has the strength and ability to do and become anything she wants to. She need not be told that in her is a gold mine filled with treasures that need be explored. In her is a mind that could think the unimaginable and it is no surprise that her hands could turn a tiny seed into a large forest. She was no longer his victim and did not have to fear or remain vulnerable. Tossed and trampled on, yet she remains a survivor. Like a tigress, she pulls through the chain of captivity.
She is the true definition of strength and nobility.

She is the color purple.