Safe and Sound

You sigh and roll over, attempting to get comfortable, but you just can't.

You look around the room and even in the dark, the grey walls and lack of belongings make you feel small.

It looks more like a safe house than home, and you don't like to think about your new home as a temporary place, such as a safe house.

You throw your blankets to the other side of the bed and stand up, reluctantly reaching into your closet, and grabbing the only thing you've ever bothered to hang up.

Titan's tower was creepy at night, it always has been, at least to you.

The halls all look the same and you get lost once or twice on the way to the living room, but once you're there you have no troubles finding your real destination.

You hesitate to knock as well, standing in front of a solid black door with your hand hovering between you and it.

You jump slightly as it opens on its own, revealing it's only inhabitant staring at you with a bored expression.

"Oh.." You say quietly as if you were going to wake someone up.

"Jinx."

"This is yours." You say shoving the cloak into her hands. "I just thought maybe you'd want it back.."

"And you couldn't have returned it to me at a more reasonable hour? Like.. I dunno, not three in the morning?" She sighed.

"I'm sorry.. I just. Well, I don't know.." You trail off and sink to the ground on the opposite side of the hall.

"You're scared." She stated, sitting down beside her open door.

"I don't like my room. I mean, I do. I love it. I love being a Titan now but I don't have things you know? It's empty and it's plain and.. The bed's too soft I feel like I'm about to sink everytime I'm on it." You catch yourself rambling and stop but she's looking at you with that half-assed, lazy smirk.

"You're safe here."

"I know that.. It doesn't help. I don't feel safe. I don't have things to make me feel safe.. I mean, I did.. Have something.. But-"

"It was mine.. And you just gave it back." She says, nodding toward the cloak on the floor beside her.

"Yeah.." You sigh. "When Hive took over the tower, I slept in your room.. I stayed on the floor.. There's so much of you lingering around, it just.. Feels like what home should feel like.."

"Would you like to come in? Sleep in the bed?"

"Like a sleep over?" You ask as though its the worst joke ever. "Since when does Raven do sleep overs?"

"I've never heard anybody call me safe before. You don't have to come in.. But if you want to?" She shruggs, standing up and gesturing toward her room.

"Yes please.." You smile, following her into her bedroom.