Societies' Thoughts

You’re so broken, darling. No need to hide such pain.

You think you’re beautiful? You think you’re strong? How pitiful! May I pass you the Mirror of Truth? Or perhaps a dictionary, considering you see yourself attractive?

May I console you with words of harassment? May I deepen your wounds with darker sorrow, with regret so harsh that you forget what it’s like to breathe? Or shall I pass you the razor so you can do it yourself?

Don’t be so sad, doll. You’re only growing up. You’re still a child, living in that pool of sadness like you are. You’re too young to be this emotional. Sigh, how utterly depressing. Do you need a tissue? I have plenty.

What are you doing? P-put that knife down! It was all a joke, love. I didn’t mean it. You are gorgeous, just calling you beautiful isn’t close enough to describe your lovely appearance!

Those wounds are fatal, m'dear. You ought to get those checked!

Oh, oh dear. What are you doing? Wipe those tears. Smile, for me? Look into that mirror. You’re not supposed to look so sad. You’re not supposed to want to hurt yourself.

Put that chair back, now! What do you think you’re doing! That rope… stop it! My words mean nothing now, do they? They were all lies, I swear. Why are you looking at me like that? Why are you still so sad? Why are you- stop! Please, I beg of you.

Wait… why are you smiling? What are you folding up? What does that say? Don’t tell me… don’t do it. Please don’t do it. You’re brave. You’re strong, stronger than steel, I’ll bet! Don’t. Please.

Get down from that chair. Remove that rope. Why are you doing this? Why are you still smiling? Does this make you happy? Are you sane!?

W-wait. Please, don’t. Don’t look at me like that. Please, tell me why you look so serene! Tell me why you look so lovely, that expression is breathtaking! Explain, please!

Don’t step o-