A Day to Remember

For naomins, because I told her a little bit about this, and she insisted that I post it.  So here ya go!  I know it's a little silly.  But I hope you like it anyway.

-Raven

Floor raced around her house, picking up books, papers, dishes, and all the other stuff that lay scattered around. She glanced at the clock as she started running water over the pile of dishes in the sink. It read 5:26.

Crap, Simone will be here in an hour! Floor thought, scrubbing frantically at a plate. I still have to vacuum the living room and put fresh sheets on the bed. She rinsed the plate and set in the dish drainer. When the dishes had all been washed, she vacuumed the living room, then went into the bedroom, stripped the sheets off the bed, and began putting on new ones. She was just tucking the comforter up around the pillows when a knock sounded on the door. Floor grinned at she went to answer it.

"Hey!" Simone said, dropping her bag and throwing her arms around her friend. Floor hugged her back.

"Come on inside, I've gotta make dinner and stuff," she said, then went into the little kitchen and started pulling out things to make food for the two of them.

After dinner, Simone made popcorn and hot chocolate, while Floor put the movie into the DVD player and got pillows and blankets. They snuggled up on the couch, each with a mug of hot chocolate and a bowl of popcorn. The movie they had chosen was a fantasy, action-adventure film with magic and mermaids and pirates and knights and princesses and dragons, not a silly kids' movie, but actually a serious, live-action, grown-up sort of movie. During a scary scene, Simone cuddled up close to Floor, and Floor slid an arm around her waist. This seemed to calm Simone down a little. Then there was a ghost that pretty much just came out of nowhere, and Floor yelled really loud and turned her head away, startling Simone, who jumped and gave a little shriek.

"Don't do that to me!" she said.

"Sorry," Floor answered, looking embarrassed. Then she started to giggle. "That ghost startled me. I wasn't expecting that at all." Simone started to giggle too, and then all of a sudden, they were both laughing so hard they couldn't sit up straight. Simone fell over sideways, Floor on top of her, and then Floor ended up rolling off the couch onto the carpet, pulling Simone with her so that they ended up in a heap, Simone's blanket tangled around them. Somehow or other, Floor's hand got up under Simone's shirt and was tickling her stomach. Simone shrieked with laughter and tried to roll away from her, but she bumped into the coffee table, which made Floor laugh even harder.

"Stop it, stop it, my bra came undone!" Simone yelled, sitting up.

"Oh, sorry," Floor said, biting back her giggles. Simone reached around to her back, under her shirt, and refastened her bra. Then she pounced on Floor, knocking her over again.

"You're not sorry, you did it on purpose!" she said, and then she started to tickle Floor. Now Floor was screaming with laughter and trying to push Simone off of her, but Simone climbed on top of her, holding her still.

"I give up!" Floor yelled, throwing her hands up in surrender, but Simone wasn't finished. "Please! "Floor pleaded. "Stop! I surrender!" She grabbed Simone's hands and held them still while she attempted to sit up. Simone stopped trying to tickle her friend and rolled off of her. She offered Floor a hand, and Floor took it and pulled herself up. They looked at each other for a minute.

"Your hair is a mess," Simone said, reaching up and attempting to smooth Floor's messy hair.

"So's yours," Floor answered, tucking one of Simone's red locks behind her ear. They got up and picked up all the pillows and the blankets that they had knocked off the couch.