Chapter 1-Awakening

A voice woke me up.

"Hello?" A man said, peering over a hill at me.

"Hey!" I responded, "Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Andrew, and I'm a guide. Actually, I'm your Guide

"What is this World?" I asked.

"This," Andrew answered, "is Terraria. A World full of danger and reward. You already have 3 basic tools that can aid you in saving it."

"What's wrong with it?" I inquired.

"The Moon Lord, or Cthulhu, cursed this land with two plagues, The Corruption and The Crimson. He vowed to cleanse this world of its purity. The dryads interfered though, and used their powers to create The Hallow, in which they sealed away inside a hellish entity." Andrew explained.

"So, I'm guessing The Hallow was used to purify these 2 plagues?" I asked.

"Yes...well...you'll figure it out later." Andrew said, "Now, before night falls, I would recommend building some sort of shelter before the Zombies attack. I chopped down some wood to build myself said shelter, and before long, night was upon me.

As the night continued, I took inventory of all the things I collected. I had: 16 wood, 6 acorns, 2 gel, 10 copper coins, a torch, my copper sword, pickaxe and axe. "Pretty good for a first day," I mumbled to myself. Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door, followed by a groan. Zombies. Had to be. I stowed my money and made my way outside to face the night. Outside, the guide was sniping some Demon Eyes with his wooden box, so I decided to help him.

"Jason! Get back inside, it's dangerous out here!" Andrew exclaimed.

"No man, I'm fine," I said as I stabbed a Zombie.

"You look experienced," Andrew commented.

"I feel as if I've been doing this for a long time," I explained. "Like something taught me before I woke up here."

"Huh, well - DUCK!" Andrew screamed. I whipped my head around to get a faceful of Demon Eye. Injured, I ran back to the house, Andrew trailing behind. When I arrived at my house, Andrew handed me a flask full of red liquid.

"Lesser Healing Potion. Drink it, it'll heal you," Andrew said. As I drank it, I could feel myself numbing, and the injuries that I had, healing. When the numbing stopped, I looked outside to see that dawn had just broken.

I ventured outside, astonished at the spoils that lay before me right outside the shelter. I saw 2 lenses, a ton of money, and many corpses. As I passed by a Zombie corpse, I ripped its arm off, sending blood and rot everywhere. "That'll serve you well as a sword," Andrew yelled from the house. How? I wondered, but considered it as I analyzed the stiff structure of it. "Hey!" Andrew started, "You should start mining for some ore so you can challenge the Eye of Cthulhu!" I started digging straight down from where I was standing at the moment. I had some leftover gel and wood, so I made some torches. As soon as I hit a cavern, the brilliant glow of ore and gems sparkled in the dim room. I used some wood platforms to harvest the ore, but realized I didn't have a way back up. I continued to explore the cavern, and was stopped by a shiny, huge gem in the shape of a heart. Over time,I harvested it, killing all light. I lit up a torch, only to find an abandoned cabin nearby.

The cabin door was across a gap. Only one way to get there was to jump. I backed up, ran, and right as I was about to jump, I felt a pressure plate beneath my feet. "Uh oh." I said as a poisonous dart struck me in the arm. The poison started flowing through my veins. There was nothing I could do to stop the poison. The poison was overwhelming. With a final bloodcurdling scream, I blacked out as my body exploded into bloody chunks.