Waiting for the Traffic [ Oneshot ni Ate Denny ]

WAiting for the Traffic

written by HaveYouSeenThisGirL (Denny)

From www.haveyouseenthisgirlstories.com (posted year 2012)

Dictionary.com

Search: Traffic

Results:

traf·fic

noun, verb, -ficked, -fick·ing.

1. the movement of vehicles, ships, persons, etc., in an area,along a street, through

an air lane, over a water route, etc.

2. mutual exchange or communication

Traffic? Yes, I hate traffics… it’s annoying, boring, annoying and boring. Specially at noon time wherein the sun strikes at the highest level that it’s like you’ll be roasted in no time, traffics are such nuisance. Well, I did like the traffic once.

That was a week ago when my family and I were on our way home to Manila after a week vacation in our province. Our movement was very slow ‘coz of the traffic. I was really bored, I tried to sleep but I wasn’t able to since the heat was killing me eventhough it was already airconditioned inside the car, the ray of the sun was just so unbearable. The radio of the car was playing some ugly songs so I searched for my iphone and stuck my earphones to their places and selected a bunch of good songs in it to listen to. When I was already comfortable to the song I was listening to, I leaned my head to the window of the car and gazed outside. Beside us was a white car, I was able to see a guy at the backseat of that car… He had his hands leaned on the window and I don’t know if he was looking at me or in our car or to my mom or to my dad or to whoever because he was wearing black sunglasses.

Because I thought he was cute, I gazed at him longer than I should had and to my surprise he stopped leaning on the window and turned his back which seemed like he was getting something from the other side. I thought that maybe he was getting something to eat from the backpack beside him.

After some minutes, he turned to me and he was already holding a notebook and there was something written there, I read it…

"WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT?"

Of course I was shocked after reading it. I just raised an eyebrow to him, he again turned his back to me and I thought that he was starting to write something again. When he was finished, he showed me again the notebook…

"AM I THAT HANDSOME?"

I swear, I choked after reading that, I turned my back to him and searched for  a notebook in my bag like what he also did. I scribbled something and showed it to him, 

"IN YOUR FACE."

He replied, “YES, MY FACE IS HANDSOME.”

I scribbled again, “THE NERVE, YOU LOOK LIKE A BEE IN YOUR SUN GLASSES. BZZZZ. BZZZ.”

He laughed and started to write again something, “YOU LOOK LIKE A RETARDED EMO WITH EARPHONES STUCK IN YOUR EARS. I BET YOU’RE DREAMING THAT YOU’RE IN A MUSIC VID WHILE LEANING AT THE WINDOW BEFORE!”

I retorted, “YOU’RE THE ONE WHO’S RETARDED.”

He actually laughed after that and wrote something again but this time it wasn’t an insult, “Are you annoyed? Sorry, I just don’t have anything to do.”

I wrote back, “A bit but nah, it’s not important.”

He smiled, “Can we be friends?”

"Sure." since I thought there’s nothing bad to be friends with someone while waiting for the traffic to make some movements.