Chapter 1

You decided you would go to the office's Christmas Eve party this year. After all, you heard from Hannah, your best friend, that Trott was gonna be there. You'd had a crush on him ever since you started working as an editor at YogTowers five months prior, but you never really got the chance to talk to him much besides a few times you helped them edit some of their videos. You were glad it was a casual party because you were never too into wearing fancy dresses. Your outfit consisted of jeans, knee-high boots and a cute Christmas jumper. You didn't do much to your hair besides curl it a bit and because of your limited makeup skills you just put on some eyeliner and red lipstick along with your usual foundation and powder.

Your phone buzzed on the counter next to you. It was a text from Hannah saying she was leaving to pick you up now and she'd be there in about 10 minutes. You sat on the couch and played on your phone until you got another text from Hannah saying she was waiting outside your flat. You grabbed your purse and coat on the way out and locked the door.

~
You had made friends with a lot of other editors and a few of the content creators so you weren't completely alone during the party but you did tend to stay near a wall and keep to yourself. While staring down at your drink Kim came up to you and made you jump at the sudden greeting next to you. "Oh sorry (y/n) I didn't mean to startle you. I was just wondering why you're over here by yourself."

"I guess I'm just not a really good people person..." You started saying when you noticed Trott on the other side of the room laughing with Ross and Smith. You didn't realise that you were smiling until Kim snapped you out of your trance. "Why have you got that big smile on your face?" She asked as she looked over at what you had been staring at. "Oh my god, you like one of them, don't you?" She realised with a giggle. Your face redden as you nodded. "Ew." She said, faking a gag before asking with a smile, "Which one?"

The only person who knew that you liked him was Hannah and you contemplated for a moment whether you should answer her question or not, until she promised she wouldn't tell anyone when she saw the look of indecisiveness on your face.

"Trott. I like Trott." You said quickly, looking down at the floor to avoid eye contact. You heard her laugh a little, unsure if it was because of your answer or your actions, but then she touch your arm softly.

"You should talk to him sometime tonight then. I mean tonight is a great time to do it while there's no work to get in the way." You shrugged, not sure if you could get up enough courage to talk to him about things that weren't work related. Of course with your luck though you weren't given much time to find out.

"Well speak of the devil, look who's coming over here right now." Kim whispered to you. Your head shot up quicker than you would've wanted but your heart started beating faster and your stomach twirled and turned a bit. Trott was walking over to the two of you with a cute little smile on his face. You tried to act casual as you turned to Kim and quietly told her to stay with you.

"Hey guys, how's it going?" Trott asked casually, taking a sip of the drink in his hand.

"Uh, pretty good." You said with a smile, trying to keep yourself relaxed.

Kim nodded and agreed, "Yeah, it's been loads of fun."

"That's good." Trott said with a smile before turning to you, making a few small butterflies flutter in your stomach. "Can I talk to you about editing some videos?"

"Oh yeah, of course." You said trying to keep your voice natural and casual, even though so many different thoughts were racing through your head.

"I just remembered a game I needed to tell Hannah about, so I'll have to leave you two alone now. I'll talk with you later (y/n)." Kim said with a wink, which made you glare at her with somewhat of a smile on your face and then roll your eyes. You turned back to Trott and realised that he had been staring at you the whole time with a slight smirk, making you blush.