Part 1

“Did you bring it?”, he didn”t even greet me this time. How typical. I handed him the pack of cigarettes and thumped down on the bench, my conscience hurtling a thousand double-edged swords at me. I sat down, dejected. Swinging my legs back and forth inches above the green grass like a stubborn six-year old, head dangling down, concentrating with all my might at the grass beneath. Trying to obliviate the appalling reality while the wings of Dusk engulfed my hometown.
“Today’s pretty hot, isn’t it?’,said Master, lighting a cigarette. I wasn’t looking, but I knew the routine. The smoke found it’s way upto my nostrils and I exhaled in disgust,
“The weather’s always hot and nothing’s ever pretty about it!!” As soon as I said those words I mentally kicked myself. I knew I would regret it. Master turned his head slowly. Taking his own sweet time. Being so fucking tranquil that it spooked the shit outta me. He gently placed his hand on my head and pushed it back open, then began running his fingers through my jet-black hair. I flinched at his touch, my body instinctively recoiling. Maybe it was his ice-cold touch or maybe it was the close proximity of my Master.
“ I don’t think we’re doing the right thing”, I said. My voice faltering, sounding and almost mouse-like.
“Look up.”, he commanded. I didn’t obey right away.
“Fuck it Lisa! I said, LOOK UP!”, he bellowed. That jarred me out of my stupor, my eyes widened, fixed on his. Dark brown to jet black. My heart thumping the sound of a thousand drums, threatening to rip out of my rib-cage. I didn’t move an inch. “There are no rules. There is no fucking justice. This is life. Don’t you dare tell me you forgot her shriveled up, black and blue body on a slab! Or the fact that she trusted you of all people.” His words lashed out at me, though I dared not move a muscle. He closed his eyes, his eyebrows knitted as if in in great pain. He continued, lowering his voice to a warm whisper.
“Lisa. My Mona Lisa.” The grief in his voice was un-maskable. “You have to understand. it’s the only way.”