For a Moment

For a Moment, picture your planet being torn apart, piece by piece, and dying. For a boy of twelve, this was seen twice and as a result he burned down a refugee camp with his own quivering hands. The boy now laughs with friends at an academy called Lunar Galactic Academy. The name may seem strange but the academy was formed from an unfortunate collision between three ancient alien moons.  The boy's name is Yin, he is now 17 and coping with powers and abilities that he believes were the cause of many deaths. He smiles as the kindest person there because he is determined to help so that nobody will experience the same pain he does. Outside of his school a government wishes desperately to rule over every planet in the solar system. The academy was built against them and to rescue the people from the planets that unfortunately were in the path of the government. And for the second child, his own mother works for the government that destroyed his home. He is now 18 and goes by the name of Yang. He barricades himself in walls to never fall in love with anyone important to him, knowing he would hurt them. He was a monster, you couldn't depend on him. Or that's what he believed. Every day, until Yin.

He was always there, Yang thought. He sat in the grass with friends but today he sat in a corner. opposite to his, of course. Yang would not let anyone sit near him or even close to him. His walls are much too thick to let anyone into his life. Even just a friend. Even just a person he talks to on a few occasions. Even a person sitting near his corner. Yin was his name. Mysterious and adorable. Yang made mental notes of all the people in this academy in case the time came where he might have to fight them. or worse. But Yin was different. His friends were rough sometimes, and he would pretend to feel pain when they played with him sometimes, like the lion cubs he read about in an Earth history book. But Yang knew he was lying, he could sense the normal heart rate and the lack of enthusiasm. Just one of his abilities. Sensing adrenaline and heart rate. That and other things he wouldn't tell anyone. Yang also saw that he pretended to be weaker than he was, and would often lie about what people said about him just to raise the spirits of his friends. Yang could do a lot of things, but one thing he sure couldn't do was understand this boy. Lost in his thoughts, Yang watched as Yin was dragged out to a semi-circle of his friends in the grassy field after a few minutes of Yin waiting by the corner.

"You're what?!" Yang was surprised and jumped slightly as he saw a friend of Yin's jump abruptly from their semi-circle out in the field. Yang saw Yin's face darken as he snatched the friend and dragged him back down to the circle. Yang angled his ears like an animal to hear what was going on, as had a lot of other people wanting to know if some kind of delicate secret had been shared. Yang overheard what they said and covered his own darkening face. Yin had explained to his group in the circle that he was gay, unlike most of his other friends. As it turned out, only one of his friends was really surprised. Yang refused to feel for anyone, so he turned away, hating that he still felt for people anyway. Yang saw from the corner of his eye that Yin had gotten up to leave and was heading his way. As the boy passed, Yang identified that his heart rate was unbelievably fast and his hands were sweaty. His ears were bent in nervousness as well, Yang noticed. While Yin was gone, it began to rain. Almost everyone had stayed outside, except those with papers and books. Yin came back outside but stared in sudden horror at the rain. Yang began to stare as he felt Yin's heart rate beat furiously and heat radiate hotter than a stove. Yang coughed.

" it's rain. You-" Yang sighed. " You can sit here. it doesn't get wet." Yin looked down at Yang who was sitting in the corner. He smiled nervously and sat down.

"thank you. I- I don't like water. Hydrophobic, sorry." Yin muttered shamefully.
"nothing wrong with that. I'm only letting you sit there because of your not a complete annoyance." Yang shrugged. Yin smiled, to his surprise. Yang scoffed in return. He really couldn't help it, Yang looked at the boy beside him to see him staring longingly at the rain and the people playing out there. His eyes took in the whole scene as he watched, enraptured. Time passed slowly and the rain fell on the roof even slower, and with each drop Yang longed to be closer to Yin. But Yang couldn't get close to him, so he dismissed himself and left, leaving the boy confused. Before Yang could leave, Yin got up.

" Wait- sorry- you sit here a lot and I was wondering if you wanted to join me for my friend's party? the invitations on-" Yang cut him off.

" I know. I'm not going." Yang said, unneeded venom in his voice.

"i-I see. sorry" Yin smiled and nodded, preparing to leave as well. Yang realized he couldn't stand his sad and displeased face so Yang grabbed his arm. It was too late to turn back now, he had to say something. Yang was hating himself for jumping up and making himself want to be closer to Yin, but it was too late now.

"when is it?" Yang asked coldly. Yin smiled brightly, face darkening in color.

"Four this afternoon, cant wait to see you." he said.

Abby9387079 HERE YOU GO         THIS IS A NEW ONE SORRY ITS BAD IM NOT LIKE JALEN SORRY