Prologue

THERE WAS A LOOK in her eyes, oh those beautiful eyes. A tiny glimpse of guilt shown in her eyes, but when she looked at me, that look grew. I didn't question her about it, because this moment was too precious to ruin. I knew she was sensitive right now, so I didn't want to ruin anything. I just wanted to lay on the ground with her in my arms. Nobody around us, just us two.

      "Look Shawn, the stars look like a puppy!" She pointed to the stars in the left, she smiled widely.

      "Look at those, it looks like a muffin!" I said. She went silent, so I turned my head to see her looking at me, cracking a tiny smile. "What?"

      "Just you and your love for muffins," she giggled quietly, her giggle ringing through my ears like tiny bells.

      We continued to look at the stars that shown brightly in the dark sky. "They're beautiful aren't they?" She asked me, her beautiful blue eyes dancing in happiness.

      "Yeah, beautiful." I said, only I wasn't looking at the stars, I was looking at her.

      She turned her head to me and smiled at me, her smile melting my heart like a popsicle. I brushed a strand of her faded blonde hair behind her ear. I wasn't wrong, she was gorgeous. "I hope this moment never ends."

      I pulled her closer to me and she laid her head on my chest, her ear pressed to my heart. I wrap one arm around her petite waist, and intertwine my other hand with hers that was rested on my chest. I pressed my lips gently on her palm. "I wish it didn't have to." I heard her whisper to herself.

      I bit my lip and looked down st her with confused eyes. But she didn't lookup at me, instead, she just stared straight ahead. She started mumbling to herself but I couldn't tell what she was saying. "Baby, what's wrong?"

      "And take a piece of my heart, and make it all your own, so when we are apart, you'll never be alone..." She sang my song softly, her voice started cracking and a tear escaped her eye. At that moment, I knew something was wrong, but I was too afraid to figure out what it was. Because either way, what was wrong, involved me losing her. And that's one of my greatest fears...