chapter 1

I ran, my legs taking me round the fermilliar corners and dodging the up turned roots. The winter air brought the ground to a wet mess making the fallen foliage slippery but thankfully not too dangerous, the sun had just started to break through the tall bark covered oaks making tall shadows stretch for what seemed like forever. My legs slowed to a halt in front of a great tree where my hand shot out taking my body weight with it, scraping my palm on the jaggerd bark I turned and rested my back against it. If you were quiet you could hear the sea splashing on the shore and rolling back into the ongoing blue abyss.

"Kiera!" Of course. Maggie couldn't go one day without letting me go for a run? I peeked around the edge of the tree to see her in her jeans clambering over the roots and stomping through the forest "Kiera God dammit get back here it's freezing" She rubbed her arms at the cold and gave me a glare "yes I know you're behind that oak"

I stepped out of my hiding place leaning my shoulder on the tree giving her a look "mags why do you come into the forest if you hate it?"

"Because I happen to love to eat my breakfast. Can we please go back and you can make me some?" I rolled my eyes at her and crossed my arms. She may be my best friend but she needs to learn how to cook. Me and maggie have spent almost two years living together and not one day has she cooked, well. That's a lie...she tried to cook once and the curtains cooked too...

I jogged up to her and shoved her lightly on the shoulder "let's go then you flid" She rolled her eyes back and mimicked my insult, storming ahead back to the house and letting me jog behind. 
I ran into my room and pulled on some jeans and a jumper that was slightly too big and hung off my shoulder but taking my hair out of the pony tail would be fine as it covered my shoulders anyway. Shuffling into the kitchen is saw Maggie sitting in the window staring at the sea, she held a cup of what I assumed to be tea and jumped slightly at the noise of the pan when I brought it down to the stove. Staring back out at the sea she took a sip and leaned against the back of her chair, I've seen this look before...she wants to escape. Escape England and go on a holiday to find a home she would never want to leave. Mixing the pancake mix and serving breakfast as fast as I could I sat across from her "you really want to leave..don't you?" She simply nodded and set the cup quietly down cutting her pancake and taking a bite. "Hey, how about we go to America? I know you've always wanted to go and we'll...now I have some sort of a job we have a little money right? Of course it would be for a week or two..unless we find something out there.." She snapped her head to me and her jaw dropped slightly

"Kiera..."

"Mags look I have a little money and I saved for almost a year and...well look" I passed her my phone where a little apartment was shown on the screen in Washington, seattle

"Kiera you can't afford this! It's beautiful...oh and look! It's just by the sea..just like here"

I smiled and sipped at my drink "I mean..I can't afford ALL of it..I can only afford half" I flicked my eyes to hers and gave her a small smile "if we go to America for a few weeks we could check the place out and if we save up for a few months we could split the rent and...and live there"

She three her arms around my neck squeeling with excitement "I'm not going to spend for ages, I'm going to save up just for this!" Hugging her back I smiled and began to plan out our trip.