The Van

Marcus walked into Wrench's garage, looking for the Dedsec van. Now, unlike other Dedsec things, it didn't have the huge "DEDSEC" written on the side with a whole load of graffiti. This one's paint job was detailed. Almost a portrait. It was for the most part purple, with two people holding hands in front of a flowing river. On the opposite side of the river, were the great pyramids of Giza, next to a forest mountain. Above that, were 3 spaceships, flying saucers to be exact. Behind them was the never ending cosmos of space, spanning all of existence. Behind the two people holding hands was a trail. In the trail there would be pink flowers, the only other visible color other than shades of purple and blue.

"Hey, Wrench!" Marcus called out, expecting Wrench to be somewhere in the Garage with him. He would get no response. He then sent a call in the D3dsec channel. "Hey yo, Wrench. Where you at?" He asked.

"Running some errands, Marcus" the synthesized voice replied "Why"

"Do you by any chance have The Van with you while you're doing these 'errands'?"

"Why yes I do."

"Would you mind dropping it off at the garage when you're done with it."

"Alrighty. I'll be sure to do that"

"Did you just say 'alrighty'?"

"Sure did"

"It's like I don't even know you"

Now, The Van, was pretty much a mobile Hackerspace. It had computers, monitors, tech, you name it. All in a single van.

Marcus waited in the garage until later that night. Finally, the garage door lifts open, The Van's headlights almost blinding Marcus. It pulls into the garage, and parks in the middle. Wrench hopped out of the driver seat, his arms swaying.

"What's up M?" He says as he waves.

"Hey, Wrench."

"So, what did you need The Van for?" Wrench asks, sitting down on the box next to Marcus.

"Oh, nothin'. Just thought I might try a little experiment, that's all."

"Well that experiment has to wait until tomorrow, my friend" Wrench gets up "Because I'm..." He walks towards the back two doors of The Van, opening it up. "Going to need The Van." His mask went to a ~ and a ^, making a winky face, before going to just plain ^s. But they soon changed back to his regular Xs

"Alright. You mind if I crash here? I'm way too tired to walk all the way to the Hackerspace."

Marcus had no home. He always crashed at local Hackerspaces to sleep. Before he joined Dedsec, he would live in hotels, or the dry canals in Oakland.

"Sure." Wrench permitted "Its all cool with me." He says, the Xs on his mask had tuned to ^s.

"Sweet! Thanks man, you're the bomb." Marcus says, patting Wrench's shoulder. He stands up, walking over the stairs up to the catwalk, where there would be a futon awaiting him.

As Marcus was climbing the stairs, Wrench's mask went to a < and a 3 for a quick moment, making a <3. But the soon changed to a \ and a /, \ /. And then then Os on both sides, and then back to the regular Xs. This all happened so fast, Marcus didn't even notice it happen in the first place.

Marcus flopped onto the futon, set his alarm, and then went to sleep.