Prolougue ~Stargazing~

A blonde boy rushes down a dimly lit street, carrying a too-full banna print backpack. Shadows contour around the child as he climbs a tree in a neatly groomed yard.

"Rin!" He whisper-shouted from the top of the dogwood, tapping on a window with a yellow pane.

A blonde haired girl pokes her head out.

"Yes, Lenny? I'm here." She replied, excitement shining in her ocean-blue eyes.

"You ready to go?"

"Of course."

The boy then extended his hand outward to the girl. She quickly grabbed it while grinning brightly.

"...This'll be fun..." they whispered to each other before they retreated like two bandits into the night.

~○~○~

By the time they arrive, the show had already begun. Stars fell from the sky in unfathomable colours, creating a spectrum of beauty. The two huddle close wrapped in a  worn, nostalgic blanket filled with countless childhood memories. They can only watch in awe at the phenomenon that is before them.

Time passes much too quickly for the two and before they knew it, the show was over and the red gold of the rising Sun was visible across the horizon. The two reluctantly packed up and began heading to their homes, making small talk along the way.

When they arrived at the girl's house, she quickly grabbed the boy's hand.

"Len, promise me something." There was steely determination in her eyes.

"Anything for you Rin..." His eyes were brimming with devotion...

"Promise me that you'll wake up, Len! Please, just wake up!" And with that, Len's reality began to crumble. The rosy sky melted into a golden bedspread, and Rin's teary face dissolved into nothing.

"...But Rin, I miss you so much..." the blonde murmured to an empty bedroom, the golden sunlight filtering through the curtains, reminding him of his lost love.

A/N: Sorry that it's kind of short! My New Year's Resolution is to get physically stronger, and to update more often, so expect an update soon! Comments are always welcome and a vote or too is greatly appreciated!