The Fight For Survival (Inspired by the Hunger Games)

Every year, a T.V show came to different towns. Four people from the chosen town would be placed in a reality T.V show in the jungle. Here is a story, of the gruesome happenings when the cameras switch off...

McKenzie Peterson was no more than your average man, 5 ft 3 inches tall, stocky man, with a brown, crew- cut hairstyle. He lived in the town of Shonmore which, unbeknown to McKenzie or anybody else in the town, was the next stop off for The ‘Fight for Survival’ series.

Samantha Nott-Muir was more than your average woman. She could do multiple things at once, was a well-trained fighter (giving her good hunting skills), and was fairly flexible. She stood no taller than 5 ft 1 inch and had long, flowing, blonde hair.

Phoenix Scott was the youngest of the group, only aged 21. He was very intelligent, and had a child on the way with his girlfriend Kacey Alexandra.

And the final contestant was a woman named Crystal Marie Alexis Meade. She was feisty, very pretty, and had black hair that, when not tied up, reached her waist. She was going to be the last contestant.

Chapter 1- Crystal

Crystal was walking through Shonmore’s well-known city centre. It was the sunniest day it had been in months, the suns rays making her skin glisten and gleam. She tossed her red black behind her neck, and tied it up in to a bobble, letting two loose strands of hair fall around her face from both sides. She looked around and suddenly noticed that the city centre was empty, not a soul in sight. The sky began to darken; rain began to fall, turning her cheeks moist and her clothes and hair damp. A clap of thunder boomed through the sky, startling Crystal’s nerves. Quicker than a flash, a hand grabbed her by the mouth. The hand felt like sandpaper, rubbing against her mouth, and she was bundled in to a car. This was the beginning of a long journey for Crystal.

Chapter 2- McKenzie

McKenzie was working out at his local gym. He was sweating so much that he needed to have a towel, a wet flannel, and a bottle of water at hand at all times. He jumped off of the treadmill and walked out of the door. The sky was dark and it was raining. When he had gone in to the gym a half hour before, it had been a beautiful sunny day. How the weather had changed! He pulled on his black leather jacket and began on his journey home. He saw an old, poor woman on the street, begging with nothing but a rag as clothing. He reached in to his wallet and pulled out a 50 pound note, handing it to the woman with a smile. She looked at the note and took it without a second glance, a smile forming on her face. She clasped both his hands in both of hers and shook them gratefully. “Oh thank you kind sir! You do not know what your act of kindness will bring me!” She hugged him tight and wandered off down the lane, limping a little.

He started to walk again, pulling his hood up as it began to rain. He walked past a black van with blacked- out windows and the doors of the vehicle burst open, a stocky man jumping out. He punched McKenzie square in the jaw and pushed him in to the van, making McKenzie bang his head, knocking him out. Little would he know that he might never wake up in Shonmore again.

Chapter 3- Samantha

Samantha was standing at the stove in her house, cooking a meal for her husband, herself, and her children. She was making the kid’s favourite, spaghetti Bolognese, when there was a knock at the door. She ran to the door, still in her apron, thinking it was her husband returning from work. She couldn’t have been more wrong. A man stood their in front of her with a blue balaclava on his face, and he head butted her. He pressed a damp cloth to her nose with some kind of anaesthetic on it, and it knocked her clean out. He threw her in to the van, the impact making the van shake.