The Kraknalta

My name is Jake, and I'm and the kraknalta, it doesn't make sense right now but I promise it will in the future.

I live in LA with my mother and little sister, in a small one story house in a decent neighborhood. My area is full of crazy urban legends of demons and hero's.

I never believed them but one story a friend told me has always Interested me. The story of a monster that lives under one of the bridges over the La river. It is huge and a reddish pink with long sharp tentacles covered in blood and spines. The thought of a creature like that a few blocks from my house without me knowing rattled me to the core. I didn't believe him but I always made sure to run across that bridge as fast as possible on my way to school. But that's enough about me, now for how I became the kraknalta.

One day I was with a few friends after class, the people in the school are horrible and completely fake so I leave first chance I get. We went across the street and fucked around got junk food, talked, smoked and we're just being "Edgy as fuck" according to my friend Jackson. Jackson and I have been friends since second grade and we can talk to each other about any thing. We were sitting around cracking bad jokes and listening to some Metallica. About 3 hours of fucking around my mom texted me "where are you? Did you forget you have to baby sit again!?!"  "Shit I'm so sorry mom it won't happen again, I'm on my way home RN" I replied. "I have to go guys, I'll see you tomorrow" I said before heading off home.

A couple of minutes passed and I was jamming to Five Finger Death Punch and walking when my phone went off it was my mom "hurry up, I have a hair appointment I need you to watch your Ana" "I'm on my way home almost to the bridge". Once I got to the  bridge is saw a weird looking sludge in the crosswalk and I smelled rancid like rotting meat, so I went to the other side of the bridge and I looked back and saw more sludge and I looked at the guard rail and saw something slipping over it it was red and a shiny wet. I thought nothing of it and kept walking.

Then I saw it again but I got a better look I looked like a squid's tentacle but way bigger, I was confused but then it moved. All of a sudden the memories of the story about the tentacle demon at the bridge flooded back and I ran home as fast as I could, absolutely freaking out.

I got home the fastest I ever had that day and I tried to tell my mom but but she didn't believe me, I thought I was going crazy. I sat down with Ana and we watched a the SpongeBob movie for the 15 time in two weeks, TR he whole time I kept looking over my shoulder at the window half expecting a tentacle to tap the window but luckily nothing happened.

I put Ana to bed and I passed out in the couch. "just deal with it tomorrow" I kept repeating in my head.