[Oneshot] La Douleur Exquise

Chapter: ONESHOT

Inspired by a video on YouTube

^^

I never really liked my gift. In fact, I hated it and I even attempted suicide because of it. Of course, I failed considering that I'm still alive right now. Though, it barely feels like I'm alive. It's more like I'm surviving rather than living.

Oh? What's my gift? It's fairly 'simple'.

I see the red strings that is connected to one person and their soulmate. Seems fake right? Nope, it's all real. All of the soulmates and hearts that I have broke are outrageous. Thus, people all over the kingdoms knew who I was because of my job I took. 

I was able to change the strings and who your soulmate will be. The pay for doing this was big, my mom had got me into this business. I never really liked her--she was a gold digger. 

Either way, back to the story. I had accepted the most terrible jobs that had made me want to end my life right then and there.

--

"Please, Miss, we wish for you to change our strings so that we can be together." The cat-eyed like male begged. Your heart constricted in slight pain, making you wince.

"What about the other mate from her?" You ask, avoiding the arrows that were flying into your heart. 

"I believe we are meant to be. Though, I do feel bad, but Obi had told me to stay true to what I feel is right." The redhead replied.

"'Right'? You are making me change the fate you were meant to have." You say, sadness in your eyes.

"Sorry, Miss, but we seriously believe that we are meant to be." Obi pushed further. You gave a painful sigh and made sure tears wouldn't fall from your eyes. Your glassy (E/C) eyes met with the green cat like eyes. He was taken aback from your eyes, but masked it quickly. 

"I guess I accept your request even if it risks Miss Shirayuki's ex-soulmate to have no partner." You say, eyes furrowed. 

"Come." You ordered. The two came close to you and held out their hands. You started with Shirayuki first since it caused less pain to your heart. You nodded to her after you finished untying her red string. You give it a sad look and turned towards Obi. You were close to breaking into tears, but you sucked it up. You grabbed his hands and slowly undid the knot of his string while biting your lip, resisting the urge to cry.

Both string were unwound, so you took your hands together and formed a new string of fate. You grabbed the new red string and tied it to Shirayuki's pinkie. Moving on to Obi's, again, you resisted the urge to cry by biting your lip. You bit your lip so hard that it had drawn blood, and boy, it was painful. You started to tie the last end to Obi's pinkie and when you were done, you gave them a sorrowful look.

"You two are now soulmates." You announce, making them smile. They turned to each other and intertwined their hands together.

"We must thank you, Miss." Obi said, bowing.

"Yes, thank you, Miss (Y/N)." Shirayuki thanked, bowing.

"Please, do not bow before me... Lift your head and you two both live a happy life." The new soulmates gave you a smile. Obi grabbed a sack of gold from his pocket and put it onto your table.

"Again, thank you, Miss." He said one last time before leaving the table. Now that the two were gone, you started to bawl your eyes out into the palms of your hands.

The string that you had just unwound from Obi was leading straight towards you.

You had just lost your one and only soulmate. 

--ONESHOT End--

That was depressing. 

Published: 1/3/2017