Chapter 1

"So you're back? I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"I'm on my way now, ilang liko na lang makikita ko na cute face mo."

"Haha, palabas na ako. I'll see you at the exit lounge?"

"In 10."

"9?"

"8."

"7?"

"6."

"5... 4... 3.... 2.... 1... I can't wait any longer."

"Turn around."

"Huh?"

"Just turn around, you silly."

An infectious grin welcomed me as when he did turn himself from the other side, to meet me in the eyes.

"There you are."

"Here I am."

He moved closer for a kiss on the cheek and greet me with a warm embrace.

It felt comforting. After all, Spring is green and the scents of various ornaments start to spread around.

The smell of Spring's first bloom mixed with his musky fragrance.

I inhaled his presence. I exhaled how badly I missed him and his company.

I pulled away to meet his eyes, as always it is -- different?

"What?"

"Huh?"

"That look. Again."

"Sira, namiss lang kita."

The denial is evident. To cover it up, I just pulled him back for another embrace and then mumbled, my voice barely escaping my mouth,

"Namiss lang talaga kita, LA."

* * *

5 years ago, I've been in this same place -- same day, same month but a different year.

The fall out was something I didn't expect, at all. For a week since she flew overseas, we were still all mushy and communicating.

But the communication suddenly stopped and I don't have any idea why.

A week passed. Then it became month to months until I finally gave up waiting and hoping.

The first thought is maybe she was just busy adjusting and adapting to the lifestyle that is at some point new to her.

"Tulala ka na naman."

"Huh? Ah. Hindi ah. Haha"

"Si Alyssa?"

I gave him a denial, almost a quizzical, look then turned my eyes back on the view outside.

A moment of silence.

"It's okay if you still remember her. She is, after all was a part of you."

"I don't think of her, LA. I stopped thinking about her since.."

Lie. A big bundle of lie.

"That's anger, Dennise."

"No. That's me, already moved on LA."

That was me... lying again.

5 years ago, I was bidding goodbye to someone that I shared a whole lot of first. And it sucks that 5 years after, a part of me is still hoping that she would come back, again