high hopes

sometimes iwaizumi cant believe that it has been almost a year since he met oikawa. its been months since he found out about oikawa's mental illness. and its been months since they are both in a relationship.

a few months ago, just when iwaizumi is about to start college, he and oikawa made a lifechanging decision to move in together. they bought themselves an apartment, for the two of them to live together. he knew, leaving for college means leaving his house and he knows he cant possibly check on oikawa's condition with him being miles away from him (because even though oikawa's condition wasn't as bad as they first meet, oikawa was still, on the process of recovering- and iwaizumi had promised himself to always be with him, every step of the way). so after a lot of talking with oikawa's mom and his therapist, they finally agreed on letting iwaizumi lived with oikawa from now on.

oikawa of course, was a bit hesistant at first, thinking he was a nuisance and was on the way of iwaizumi's future- and thought he should just go on without him.

but of course, iwaizumi wont let that happen.

and after a while, he finally succeeded on getting oikawa to live together. with him.

iwaizumi was on his way home now, on his hands was a bag of milk breads- oikawa's all time favorite and iwaizumi has always make sure to get these, everytime he walked down the street after class finished and spot a familiar bakery on the sidewalk.

it was around their second date, when the two of them were walking home only for oikawa to stop iwaizumi to enter a bakery down the street and they left with two milkbreads on their hands. he knew oikawa loved this, and he loved seeing the smile on his face whenever he took a bite of it.

it was a genuine smile. the same like when he first saw oikawa smiling genuinely at him that day in the park.

his phone started ringing.

"hello?" iwaizumi didnt even bother to look at the caller id.

"yah iwaizumi!" iwaizumi recognized the voice almost immediately, "hey ryo! whats up?"

"you want hang out at the pub later? a friend of mine is inviting me and there's gonna be tons of people from college there. trust me. its going to be both wild and fun"

its sounds too much like a party. and iwaizumi knew better that there is a big chance you are allowed to bring your friend to some stranger's party, oikawa would probably decline. oikawa was never a party person in the first place, and iwaizumi wasnt planning on leaving oikawa for a party. they have an appointment to see his therapist anyway.

"i'll pass" iwaizumi bit his lips, holding his bag of milkbread tighter. "i have an appointment today"

"is it your boyfriend again?" his friend said, iwaizumi wasnt deaf and he certainly sure there was a hint of annoyance in his tone. "damnn, iwa how long have you been in college again? seriously dude i dont think you have ever gone to a party since you got here"

iwaizumi would be lying if he wasn't offended by his friend's comment, but he cant really do anything about it because his friend was.. kind of right. he never went to a college party before.

"shut up ryo! you know oikawa is so much more important to me than a stupid party" iwaizumi hissed.

"alright man chill- i was just saying that you'll regret not living your college life to the fullest just because you want to take care of your boyfriend all the time" he said.

now, iwaizumi was angry.

he took a deep breath to calm himself and search for the best words possible to talk to his fri- wait scratch that, this asshat. "look ryo, i appreciate you inviting me to this party or whatever but i rather be with my boyfriend. and no im not going to regret any of this because, i made this choice. so please invite your other friend, the one who doesnt have a boyfriend they need to take care of back at home because im not going" iwaizumi said, and quickly pressed end call. not even bothering to hear what his friend's reply is.