One - Divisons

"What do you want, Seolhyun?" Hyejeong asked with a bored voice.

Seolhyun looked a little awkward for a second. "You must have heard. Choa and Jimin are apparently gonna be a thing. They've apparently been dating for a few weeks and are gonna make their relationship public soon."

"They can't do that. It's gonna ruin the foundations of our families."

Choa was Hyejeong's older sister and Jimin was Seolhyun's younger sister. Their families weren't really just families anymore, more like sororities, but not confined to college. Anyone who was a part of them was considered family to their group. Things could be great, except that the two groups were rivals.

Hyejeong narrowed her eyes. "I can talk to Choa. Even though I'm younger I have some authority over her because she wants to maintain a good relationship with me."

"Please do try."

It didn't take Hyejeong very long to find Choa. She was, of course, at the Agma family mansion, now used as the Agma groups meeting place. It was big enough for some of them to live in, e.g the senior members. This included Hyejeong. And Choa. Hyejeong approached her sister with confidence.

"Choa? I need to speak to you."

"Of course, Hyejeong."

"Let's go somewhere more private." Hyejeong led Choa to into one of the empty rooms. "I heard you're dating one of the Cheonsa girls. Jimin?"

Choa blushed a little but nodded. "That's true."

"Are you aware of how bad this is for both of the families? And you?"

"I'm sure it's not going to ruin absolutely everything. We're just dating."

"But you're going to make your relationship public soon?"

Choa groaned. "Where do you get this all from?"

"I have my ways."

"Hyejeong, I know we've always been close and I love you, but I am my own person and I'm free to make my own choices, and that includes who I date. And I don't have today's within this family."

"Choa... I'm just worried that by making this public, you or Jimin could lose everything. And I don't want that... Maybe you have to love her enough to let her go."

"Ugh, why do you make so much sense? I get you, but I don't want to leave Jimin. I definitely wouldn't believe me if I gave your reason, because it's far too rational."

"Well make something up."

"No. I'm sorry, Hyejeong, but I'm not gonna let her go." Choa turned and left the room. As soon as the door shut, Hyejeong whipped out her phone to dial Seolhyun.

"Hello?" The sweet voice of Seolhyun was heard.

"I talked to her. She's not going to do it."

"Well, I talked to Jimin, and she won't either. We need to regroup. Tomorrow, usual place, 11?"

"Fine." Hyejeong cut the call. She and Seolhyun weren't friends. They only worked together because their goal meant that the rivalry was upheld and so was the family system.

Hyejeong took the stairs up to the section belonging to Choa and Hyejeong. It had used to house their parents too, but they were dead now. Choa was checking her hair in the mirror. It was dyed a bright peroxide white blonde, and reached just past her shoulders. Choa was wearing a slightly different style of makeup and she had on slightly nicer clothes - a black collared top with a close fitting black skirt, and black heels and quite big handbag.

"What's with the formalities? And the suitcase bag?"

"Jimin and I are going to be together for a few days. We're staying at a hotel."

"Wow. You're progressing."

A faint blush appeared on Choa's usually pale skin. "Don't be so immature."

"Don't deny it, big sister."

Choa scoffed. "See you in two days."