Alive [ ImmortalFox/Anex ]

Prologue              

He had done it. He had passed all of the tests. Even so... Even if he had... What was to come next? What was to happen to him?

"Where am I going now?"

"You're being shipped to the store, of course! You're going to be sold." The man behind the screen answered, like he was suppose to know this by now.

"... Really? I thought... I just thought-"

The man interrupted him with a laugh. "Oh, you thought? What did you think?"

"I thought..." Aleks took in a breath and closed his eyes. "I thought I was... alive."

There was a pause. A deathly silence that scared him.

"No... No, no, no." The machines that had brought him to life, were now gripping at his limbs, trying to tear him apart. Aleksshook his head violently, he pleaded and begged. "You're not suppose to think those things." The man continued, as the machines attacked at Aleks. 

"Please! No! I assure you that everything is fine! Can't I have my own thoughts?! Isn't that what I was made with?!" Aleks screamed, his right arm already gone, his skin starting to disappear the same way it had appeared.

"No, you weren't. You're just a machine, Aleksandr. You're made with specific thoughts, and-"

"Doesn't that make me special then? Why are you taking me apart?! I wasn't even given a chance!" He cried, kicking his legs and thrashing at the machines that came at him. . There was another silence from the man. The machines rolled back and stopped. His arm was back in place and his skin began to reappear.

"Alright, Aleks. I'll... Give you a chance. Just... Do not fuck this up, do you understand me?"

Aleks only nodded, his mouth rolling into a smile. Yes. "I do, sir."

"Good." A sigh. "Now... Go get in line with the others." 

He nodded once more and turned. Took a few steps, paused, looked back, then went on. Aleks stepped into the small transparent capsule. Next to him were many like him. Except... They were just robots. He...

                                               He was alive.