All Time Low

Caspar Stewart. Seventeen years old. Five feet ten inches tall. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. The epitome of a pariah. Broken. That's the best way of describing him. He is broken. His heart has been broken into shards that he won't pick up in fear of being broken apart again. Alessa Carol. Eighteen years old. Five feet seven inches tall. Black hair. Green eyes. Slightly less of a pariah. Happy. She is happy. The complete antithesis of Caspar Stewart. Caspar Stewart and Alessa Carol, the princess and her prince. At least that's what they were. A happy girl and a broken boy; both went through the same break up. But one is at an all time high and the other is at an all time low.

    He walks through the halls sinking more with each step. No one dares to speak to him. No one wants to. Sulking, eyes glassy and hollow, with no distinct focus other than the floor. His hair is a mess of misplaced strands. It's grown out. Caspar would never let himself go like this before. The stubble on his chin has become thick and unignorable. He no longer felt a need to look decent. He only wanted to be decent if it was to impress her. But for her he'd never be enough.

     Hiking his bag up higher on his shoulders, he slugs to a stop by his locker, conveniently placed directly across from Alessa's. She stands with her friends laughing and unaware of his presence. Her long hair is perfectly curled into long black ringlets that hit her hips. She bites her lips while listening to her friends' chatter. The smile on her face proves her happiness.  He knows she is and just wishes he could be happy too. The moment she ripped his heart out was the last time he had felt alive.

She was his everything. He was her knight in shining armour. He wants to walk over to her and hug her from behind. To nuzzle his head in her dark black hair and grab her hand. Wants her to squeal when he kisses her cheek in front of her friends. To put her lips on his and love the aftertaste. All he wants is for everything to be back to normal. The normal where they didn't act like strangers. Opening his locker with force, the door to slams against the wall. Alessa looks up, she sees him and cowers back. She looks upset and nervous, but as soon as the emotion meets her face, it disappears. Laughing at something her friend said, she looks away. This is how she always is, acting like he isn't even there. Like he is a ghost, she looks right through him. All he wants is to speak with her, but he just can't stand to be broken again. He has tried fix his pride, but now it's broken. Too broken. He starts to walk away. He starts to walk away without saying a word like the days before, but he can't do it this time.

"Alessa!" he yells and turns around. She turns her green eyes to his and he almost melts.

"Caspar," she says with a hint of pity, "Hey." The tension between them is obvious making the air thick and heavy. Does she notice this? It is surely killing him.

"Hey, um, can we talk? Please. Only for a minute. I-"

"Caspar I'm sorry, this just isn't a good time."

"Please Les. I just need to talk. I need your help."

"I'm sorry. I can't help you right now. I just can't. I'm going through stuff right now. I'm sorry."

"Right... um...okay. Well you know if you need anything I'll always be here for you."

"I do know that." she says and walks away with her friends.

Caspar follows her figure until he can't see her through the crowds of empty faces. He feels like a robot. He was a human, breathing and thinking. Eating and drinking. He was happy. He was the epitome of happiness when it came to Alessa. He loved her with his whole being. He was a human, before she killed him and ripped his heart out. He knew what love was. Now he is a robot. He used to have fire, passion and desire, but now all he seems to require are circuits and wire. Like a robot, functioning without emotion. With his hand in his pockets and a blank stare on his face, he walks sullenly through the halls. As he approaches his class a girl walks up to him. She's one of Alessa's friends.