Prologue

"And here we are. Funny how crazy shit can get, huh?" His eyes were piercing me with their intense gaze. I couldn't break contact, and it was getting unsettlingly enjoyable. My heart rate was spiraling into light speed and my tan cheeks were turning burgundy. Trying to shake my brain of his tantalizing hypnosis, I jerked my head sideways, making immediate eye contact with the one girl I was hoping to avoid.  
"Is this him?" Her smile was practically pointing off her face past her ears, and her unforgettable and unflattering hair part allowed her forehead to catch the fluorescent hallway light's glare and shine it back at me. I flared my nostrils in thought flushing annoyance. "This is the cute guy right? Wow, he really is cute!" She was practically barking, and making it impossible for me to maintain my composure. She examined him, galloping around him while he stood there, all stoic, as if that happened quite often. Yanking her by the tip of her elbow, I apologized to him before dragging her out of the hallway and out into the chilly spring breeze.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I spoke in hushed yells, only a few seconds away from taking off my shoe and beating her with it. Suddenly a feeling of remembrance washed over me. Something about this event triggered a flashback that overtook me, and before I knew it, I was deep in the depths of my memory.