Hidden Lies

Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this book! I will try to update as soon as I can. 

As a 13 year old in 8th grade, all I wanted was popularity. Friends, boyfriends, everyone knowing your name. I wasn't popular. I was a person who got no attention, the girl who hid in the shadows. Flat chested. I had no one, and no one had me. But it all changed when I moved to Haymen. 

Haymen is a small town, very open and free. My Dad pulled the car into my new home, a small green house, perfect for two. My dad adopted me, so it's always been hard for him to understand how I feel, and what I like. I don't have a mom to talk to who will know how I feel. 

The house was small but cozy, soft carpet, and a nice kitchen."Home sweet home," My father said. "Your room is upstairs on the left." I walked up the stairs, carrying my bags. I turned left at the top, and my room was beutiful. Light yellow walls, soft carpet, and lots of space.

My dad thought it would be nice if I went to summer camp so I could meet people and make friends. I packed my bags, and he dropped me off at camp- Camp Lakemore. It was a big camp, with a lake and lots of cabins. Before I left, I stuffed some tissues in my beginer bra. I didn't want to start off as a loser.

"Are you Kiara Court?" A womans voice said behind me. I turned around, facing a woman who looked like she was in her 40's. She was tall, and had her long brown hair in a ponytail. 

"Yes," I stampered. I had always been socially akward, because I never haid really socilized. 

"You have cabin number 6, which is right there,"

I walked to the cabin, made of logs. It was a pretty good size for a cabin. I opened the door to the cabin, and inside were 2 girls. One had long black hair pulled into a pony tail, and one had short blonde hair.

"Hey! Are you Kiara?" Said the girl with blonde hair. "I'm Katie."

"Yeah, Im Kiara," I said, I put my bags down, and stated to unpack my things on my bed.

"Im Nora," Said the girl with black hair.

"Nice to meet you guys," I said.

"Where are you from?" Asked Nora.

"Im from Haymen. I just moved in with my dad." I said.

"Nice," Said Katie. "Do you have any pets? I love horses!" She said.

"Well I do have a horse, Bolt. And my dog, Chester, and my cat Lucy," I said.

And that was one of my hidden lies.