Every Rose Has Its Thorn

Shadows danced across the roads as she passed hurriedly through the eerily silent streets of Manchester. The heavy pants of breath turned into fog and slowly dissipated into midnight.

She hurried through, not wanting to stay longer in the eerie time of the witching hour. She tried to brave through the street but when she turned around, she stopped dead in her tracks, her heart could swear god she saw a pearly white gleam beyond the orchid brushes , turning around her already scared thought making her paranoid. But when she looked back, the gleam had disappeared just as soon as it had come, and she wondered weather she had even seen it in the first place.

"Must be your imagination Marielle" she told herself,trying to calm down.

A chill ran through her spine, and she felt a pair of eyes set on her. She shivered and clutched her coat, looking up , as if praying to God when her eye caught a scarlet , crimson flying through the air. Her legs froze, her eyes widened to the size of saucers , and her heart skipped a beat. She stood there for a second, frozen to her spot till fear finally pulled her out of her trance. She started walking , faster, then breaking into full sprint.

She high-tailed to get away as she heard paw steps or footsteps following making dry leaves crunch under contact . She ran as fast as her legs could take her, until she tripped down on a rock, pain stinging her right foot as if she had sprained it.

She turned her head around, to see a creature gliding smoothly towards her.

The air filled with a shrill scream, and the next day, people found Marielle, lying on the street, her eyes open, and all blood drained out of her, and animalistic slashes all over her body...

~*~*~*~*~

My friend actually wrote this for a story we have on Quotev. I thought it was so pretty I edited this for the story and decided to use it - with her permission of course lol ^~^ hope you like it! So

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

~ Yazmine