Chapter 1 - Settling In

School finally ended and now summer break has started and i had been waiting for this moment for what it seemed like a thousand years!! I couldn't believe i would be going on a vacation with my bestie and it would be just the two of us! Can you believe this? My embarrassing overprotective parents finally letting me go on a trip without them! This could go up in History!

I imagined living by the beach and most importantly gazing out cute hot boys. I must admit i was kind of nervous about not knowing how to swim but whatever, the important thing was this was going to be the most amazing summer ever and nobody was going to ruin it! Oh yea i still have to introduce myself. My name is Juliet Springfield, but most of my friends call me Julie and i prefer it that way.My best friend Cathy Lou was 17 years old, the same age as me and she had blonde curly hair and blue eyes and we were best of friends for nine years now, in other words we were like soul sisters.

 There was a popular guy in our school, his name was Nathaniel Skies . He was a handsome, cute, hot senior and he had  really dark brown hair, brownish green  eyes, pale skin and a smile to die for, at least that was what everybody says. I heard his family is pretty well off and took care of him very well in other words he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. And every girl in my school had a crush on him. And that when he smiles a charming smile of his; all of the girls fell in love, except me Juliet Springfield! I heard that he was coming to the same beach as the beach i was going. I guess this was the reason Cathy insisted on going to Santa Catalina Island and not to Santa Monica in the first place. You see, Cathy had a big crush on Nate and she had been drooling over him ever since freshman year of high school and she couldn't help herself. 

I got up from the couch when i heard a knock on the door. I peaked through the door peephole and it was Cathy. I beamed as i excitedly opened the door. "Oh Cathy! I've been waiting for you! Why are you so late girl?" I pouted. "But I'm here now aren't i? I'm sorry my brother and I got caught in traffic. Have you packed your stuff?"

"Heck yeah! i was so excited i packed it since last night!" I replied. 

"Have a seat I'm gonna say my goodbyes to my parents" I smiled. I went to the kitchen and found my parents having a moment. I smiled as i watched them gazing lovingly to each other as i wondered if i would ever find the love that they have for each other.

"Ahem!" I cleared my throat. They broke off shyly and mom approached me saying, "Honey, i know it's time for you to leave but can't you stay for a little more?"

"Mom, you know i can't, Cathy's brother is waiting for us"

"You know i'm not going to be with you on your trip so stay good Okay?" mom stroked my face.

"Here, you'll need this" Dad handed me some cash and continued "Remember, no boys Juliet!" he narrowed his brows.

"I do remember Dad, no boys" I smiled uneasily though i wasn't sure of it

"Come on, give us a big hug!!!!!!!" Dad said with open arms.

"We're gonna be late Julie, hurry!"Cathy said impatiently and groaned. "A second!!" I replied, buried in my parents arms. I faced my parents and said "Bye guys I have got get going! i promise i will call".

 They finally released me and i hurried towards the door. I got inside the BMW and Cathy's brother drove us all the way to LA from San Jose. The time we arrived the port and as we got out of the car, the scent of the salty sea filled our lungs. We got on one of the passenger ferries and the we were finally on our way to the Catalina!

We settled in Cathy's aunt empty beach house and the house was covered of dust and spider webs . We started cleaning the house and after hours of hard-core desperate cleaning we finally get to unpack our things. By the time we were done, the sun had already set and i started to cook dinner with the ingredients Cathy bought. We quickly ate the easily made spaghetti without complaints and we decided to call it a night since it was a tiring day.

It was a two bedroom house and each of us took one of them, but of course i took the smaller room. I happily hopped onto the soft bouncy bed and laid flat on my chest. I let my hands ran over the soft pastel colored sheets and i fell asleep excitedly and nervously, not knowingly what tomorrow had planned out for me.