Chapter 1: Blushing in Bandages

She wipes the blood from her lip, a snarl climing up her face. The twelfth grader standing in front of her steps back in alarm, his smile dropping. He looks back and forth at his buddies on either side and then back to her.

  Her expression turns to a wide grin, "Is that all you've got."

  Before he has a chance to react, her fist slams into his gut, throwing him backward and leaving his companions stunned. Her loosely tasled hair hangs down over her face, bright yellow strands sticking to the sides of her face. She slowly straightens her posture looking down at the guy on the ground a few feet away. He scrambles to his feet and bolts away, coughing up blood as he stumbles.

  She speaks to the two boys on either side of her who are still dumbstruck, "Well?"

  One of them collapses to their knees, their eyes, that of a child on Christmas, "Andromeda, that was the coolest thing I have ever seen!! I worship the ground you walk on," He does just so, bending to the ground and kissing the asphalt.

  She turns to the other one, a brown eyebrow raised. He is standing errect, shaking, with a stiff hand to his forehead in a salute. Andromeda lets out a loud, "Ha," and then struts away leaving the two boys frozen in their places.

  When she's out of sight of them she collapses against the concrete wall surrounding the school just by the gate. All the other students are in class so the area is barren and she is able to hick and cough and wallow in her pain all she wants.

  She can't even recall how the fight started, but burned into her brain is how she was battered around, kicked, hit and pressed against the same ground that one of the guys worshipped just after. She touches the purple and blue patch on her ankle and twinges away from the immense pain. One of the ways they stopped her from getting up again was to jab their heel into her ankle, pegging her to the ground. She chuckles softly to herself thinking about their frustrated faces when she repeatedly got up again and again and the moment they thought she had finally given up, she still got to her feat and whipped a full forced punch into that pompous assholes gut. She clenches and unclenches her hand a few times reveling in the feeling.

  She finally lets out a sigh and, gripping at the wall, brings herself to her feet. She scrunches up her face as all her aches and pains sink in. She limps towards the school, determination and a stubborn scowl strewn across her face.

  She stops just infront of the nurses office, glaring holes through the door. Until finally she takes a deep breath and lifts her foot up to kick open the door.

  A chubby girl with long light blonde hair is switching around different bottles in the cabinet. She jumps at the sound of the door and almost drops all of the bottles rapped in her arms. She looks over at Andromeda with a sheepish smile.

  "So like..." The creases on her face soften, "I guess your wondering why I'm here," she looks to the side and rakes her fingers through her hair before letting out a huff, "It wasn't my-"

  The girl takes a light hold of Andromeda's arm and leads her in and sits her down on one of the beds. She has to hop up and her feet dangle a foot off the ground. The girl grabs some bandages, goz, disinfectant spay and a tube of strange goop. She walks over to a very confused Andromeda and gently lifts up one of her hands to take a look at her blue and bloody knuckles. Andromeda flinches at her touch but does not resist. Instead a soft pink lights up her cheeks.

  "So..." She peers over to look at her name tag, "Teslanna," she pauses again, "That's uh...pretty name."

  Tes looks up at her with kind brown eyes and smiles sweetly.

  Andromeda's face burns and she looks away trying with all her might to keep her composure. She shakes her head and lets out another loud huff. When Teslanna finishes with her hand Andromeda peels back the long sleeve of her crop top and pulls off two black elastics before tieing her hair up in two small buns.

  Tes sprays the disinfectant on her injuries, to which Andromeda clenches her teeth as it fizzles up. She then squeezes the cold goop out on all her little scrapes and scratches and then lays bandages out over each of them. When she gets down to her swollen foot she takes a light hold of it and Andromeda immediately flinches away.

  "That hurts!?"

  Tes giggles almost mockingly at her.

  Andromeda scrunches up her face, "You just surprised me...I'm fine!" She thrusts her foot back into Teslanna's hands and crosses her arms with a hmph.

  Tes dresses her foot with extreme care and Andromeda bites her lip through it. She taste the the saltiness of blood on her tounge and touches a finger to her lip to confirm. She looks over at Tes who is looking back at her, and smiles awkwardly. Tes brings a warm hand up to her lip. She whippes the blood off and then smiles up at a now extremely red-faced Andromeda.

  "I need to go!" Andromeda hops down from the bed and cringes at the pain in her foot before stomping out of the room.