Panic Attack

She felt her breathe begin to quiver and fall short. She heard the voices in her head utter the mere words that scared her the most. Warm tears fell down her flushed cheeks, and her body shook like a large tree in a storm. Her hair was matted to her head with a thick sweat and the room seemed to spin and spin and spin. Evalyn clasped her neck with her moist palms in hopes that the air would return to her lungs. Fear overcame her, became her. This wasn't the first time, nor the last. What most didn't understand about her was that she wasn't as strong as she portrayed. She had no energy, not a trace of fight left inside her. And what hurt her the most is that no one cared. No one cared that she was falling apart, no one cared that she hated herself, no one cared that she was running out of reasons to stay.... No one cared. No one cared because no one understood. No one understood what it was like to be her. She hated herself and it took everything, all of her strength, not to end all of her suffering. Death always seemed the better choice, yet something always kept her intact. Him. He was the only thing that kept her breathing. His words, the way his heart would beat in time with hers.... but she knew in time that it would end. Everything good always did. Then she would be able to escape. Escape from her pain, her own thoughts. All of this ran through her head as she gasped for air. She knew he would leave. They all did. She knew. She knew....