Chapter 1/ Meeting My Mate

Octavia ^
...
"Octavia! Down stairs, now!" I heard my mom scream.
I shot out of bed and threw on a pair of loose sweatpants and my Nike sweatshirt and sprinted down the stairs.
"SURPRISE!" I just about had a freaking heart attack. My entire family and the Alpha and the Luna of the pack jumped out at me from behind the couches, chairs, tables, and just about anything else you can think of.
I placed a hand over my racing heart and tried to take deep breaths to calm down.
"Jesus guys! Y'all almost killed me!" I shouted with a laugh.
Everyone began eating food and coming up to me to hug me and wish me a happy birthday and such.
My younger sister Candice strangled me in a bear hug. When we pulled away I was tackled to the floor and pinned there.
I yelped and looked up to meet the face of my attacker, I couldn't see his face the way the light was but I smelled the sweetest scent of pine trees.
"Mine!"
A deep voice growled in my ear and I immediately froze. No, no, no, no, no!
I knew that voice! He couldn't be my mate!
"Colton! Get. Off. Of. Me!" I growled loudly grabbing the hand that was holding me down against the floor. I pushed off the floor and stood up straight. He rushed at me hoping to catch me off guard but I was faster. I grabbed one of his wrists and flipped him completely over and he landed with a loud crash against the wood floor.
I panted and leaned over to catch my breath. I subconsciously realised there was still a room full of people and now they were all staring at me.
I laughed nervously and walked over to the counter to grab some food.
I leaned against the edge of the counter staring at my mate, Colton Reece Summers, who was writhing on the floor.
Alpha Ethan and Luna Sarah came up to either side of me and gave me both shocked looks.
"That was amazing Octavia!" Luna Sarah whispered in my ear. I felt the Alpha pat me on the shoulder in congratulations for beating their son in a fight.
"Oh thank you Luna!" I smiled at her before turning to Alpha Ethan. "Does this mean I can train with the more advanced group now?" I asked hopefully.
The Alpha chuckled and nodded.
My face lit up and the raced over to my mother.
"Mom! Mom guess what?! Alpha says I get to train with the advanced group now!" I grinned trying not to jump up and down.
She smiled at me and gave me a congratulatory hug.
"And you found your mate!" She grinned in my ear. "And he happens to be the next alpha!" I groaned and then nodded.
|||
"Oh my gosh! Your mate is Colton Summers?! That's crazy! You're gonna be a luna!" Harper, my best friend, screamed at me over the video chat.
I winced as my ears pounded.
"Yeah it is." I looked down and fiddled with my fingers that were resting in my lap.
"Hey hun, what's wrong? I though you've had a crush on him since the first day of school when he gave you that hug?" Harper asked, with worry lacing her voice.
"Yeah I did until I became the leader and warrior and he became the guy that slept with any girl that got within a 5 foot radius of him. He's the future of this pack Harp, and I don't think I want any part of him." I sighed, feeling confused and sad.
"I'll bet you will learn to love him and he with learn to love you, I mean look at you! You're pretty hot stuff!" Harper joked trying to lift my mood. I shrugged and she gave me a sad smile.
"I have to go, I'll call you soon, ok?" I nodded and hung up.
I leaned back on my office chair and sighed, leaning my head all the way back.
"I need to go on a run." I muttered under my breath.
"Yeah I guess I could use one too." A voice contemplated.
I recognised the voice and shot up out of my chair.
"Jesus Colton! What the fuck? Why are you in my room?!" I growled angrily.
"Calm down baby, I'm just here to talk." He sighed as he stood up and walked over to me, placing his hands on either side of my hips. I shoved his hands off and walked over to my bed, sitting down and looking at him and groaning, "What do you want?"
He sat down near my legs on my bed and I saw his eyes gleam with lust.
"Like I said, to talk." He says softly as he runs his fingers up my leg to the top of my thigh.
I scoffed in disgust and ran out of my room and down the stairs and away from him and his shouts.
The bottom half of our house was of still full of people milling around. I saw the Alpha and Luna talking to my mother.
I heard Colton stomping down the stairs after me and soon enough he appeared around the corner and it was only he and I standing in the middle of a completely silent room.
"I, Colton Reece Summers, reject Octavia Skylar Haynes as my mate and Luna." He growled at me, his beautiful eyes ablaze with fury.
I was shocked but quickly recovered even though my insides were churning and my wolf was howling and whimpering in pain.
"I, Octavia Skylar Haynes, reject Colton Reece Summers as my mate and Alpha." I say my face completely solemn, not even the tiniest flash of emotion in my eyes.
Gasps and whimpers where heard across the room along with Alpha Ethan's growls of fury pointed at his son.
I walked right up to the Alpha and Luna and said only 6 words,
"I want out of the pack."
...
OH SNAP
YALL WILDIN' GOIN AND REJECTIN EACH OTHER LIKE THAT. DAYYYYUM
Imao sorry I had to 😂
Anyway,
Comment!
Rate!
Add to your library!
Xx, fantasia🖤