Chapter 1 first year

Hi it's me grace. It is my first year at the academy for witches and wizards and I am super excited. Me and most of my friends got invited to this school. Seeing as I am only 12 it is a great opportunity to be away from my family and some of my friends. Seriously though it is so amazing that at the age of 12 I will be able to learn magical spells be seen as someone who is just epic. Yesterday was my first day. We just had a tour around our school (it is massive) and meet our teachers. My favorite teacher is professor Blackstone. He teaches us how to defend ourselves against bad witches and wizards. This lesson is fun because you get to learn spells that will keep yourself safe around bad magical people. I say that if we do this whole safety awareness check thing then we will not need to learn these spells. I guess if you were to meet someone bad I could do a spell so they had a shoot of electricity go through them. So other lessons are slightly more boring like making a potion to save a plant with Mrs Riley. I'm surprised I managed yo stay awake through that awfully boring lesson. I mean i try to enjoy all lessons but  how when you are trying to save a plant with magic and talking to your new best friend.

"Hi grace we are in the same dormitory, do you wanna go to bed late, sleep past the alarm and skip lessons for the day because we have double lessons with Miss Riley. "

"Can you just give me a minute to think about it please" 

"Yeah  sure but I was going to stay in my best fiends dormitory tonight".

"No stop hanging outwith that geeky girl. Why don't you become my best friend then we can stop going to classes and just test out the spells we read from books on your no longer best friend. " So this is how I am feeling right now. Me Grace Hodges is stuck in the middle of a hate rid  but I just can't leave my best friend. We were friends since year two and we are still friends now. I do not want to break friends with her. Or should I.