Untitled Part 1

It was a bright sunny day so I decided to stroll around the park. I also brought my sketchpad and pencils with me because I love observing and drawing people. The park is just about half a kilometer from my pad so I just rode on my bicycle to get there. I parked my bicycle under the tree and sat on the grass. I roamed my eyes to look for a good subject to draw when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I didn't get a chance to see who the caller was so I just answered the call.

"Hey babe!" I smiled upon hearing my boyfriend's voice.

"Hey Ethan! What made you call?"

"I was going to ask if you're free today because I'm inviting you in my unit. Come on Emily, let's watch some movies." he said excitedly.

"Actually, I'm here at the park right now Ethan. I'm sorry but I'm not in the mood to watch today." I answered apologetically.

"No it's fine babe. I suppose you were drawing and taking some fresh air."

"Yes. I actually am." I said while opening my sketchpad.

"Okay, I'm coming. Wait for me there. I'll just buy some snacks" I heard his footsteps from their staircase from the other line.

"Okay, thanks. You take care."

"Yes. I love you babe."

"I know." I smiled then I hung up.

I was sharpening my pencil when I felt someone staring at me. I looked left and saw a guy sitting on the bench just a few meters from where I was seated. He was shocked when I took site of him and eventually looked away. He looked at my direction again and I just smiled at him. Then, I started drawing the children who were playing on the swing. After a few minutes, Ethan has arrived.

"Hey baby" I felt Ethan kiss my head and sat next to me. "Let me see your drawing..." he smiled and grabbed my sketchpad.

"I just started Ethan, bring it back to me." I giggled.

"Hahaha! I'm sorry" he said and handed me a paper bag. "Let's eat first. I bought you fries and a sundae."

"Thanks."

We started eating but then I felt an urge to look at the guy on my left once again. He pretended to read the newspaper but then it was upside down.

"Babe? Emily?" I felt Ethan poke me and I looked at him.

"Y-yes?" I answered absent mindedly.

"Who were you looking at?" he looked at the guy's direction and suddenly panicked.

"Let's go Emily." he said and pulled me to stand.

"But why?" I asked sounding confused. "That guy looks familiar Ethan." I told him while pointing at the guy.

"It's getting gloomy. I think it will rain." we both looked at the sky and he was right, the clouds are getting darker. "Do you remember him? I mean, have you two met before?" he asked me while he's fixing my things and the food.

I thought for a while and my head hurt. I shook my head, "I can't remember but I think I saw him already."

"It's okay. Does your head hurt?" I nodded. "Let's go."

He immediately drove me home and told me to take a rest. He wanted to stay for a little while but I insisted on sending him home. Later that day, I kept on thinking about the guy from the park. I spent the entire day trying to figure out who he was and if I really know him. I was lying on my bed and was looking at the ceiling of my bedroom.