Ghosting

**Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters, settings, conspiracy theories or epic awesomeness of The Conspiracy of Us series. I am not making any money off of this story - just having some fun. All the glory goes to Maggie Hall - may she continue to write stories about Stellan for all time.

A/N: This is a missing scene from MoF in the small window of time between Cannes and Paris Fashion Week. Enjoy...

-*-

GHOSTING

"Let me just check with the rest of the group and then we can go." Elodie intoned in the doorway to her room. Luc rose an eyebrow at her and then waved her off,

"Of the two of us I'm the one ready."

With a nod she briefly touched her side, still bandaged from the gunshot wound, and then made her way down the hall. He paced, impatiently, examining the pictures he'd seen a thousand times on her walls. He had to admit it was getting harder and harder to mask his indifference to his Family obligations. A gallery opening was so blase now that he'd been traipsing around the Mediterranean finding clues for the past few weeks. What would have always been a welcomed break from the monotony of his life now seemed like a waste of time.

Luc picked up his phone. Maybe if he bugged him enough he could finally convince Stellan to come as well. The three of them together was always a good time.

Where are you?

Out.

What are you doing?

Things.

What kinds of things?

Important things.

Luc pulled up the tracking app on his phone and clicked on Stellan's number. It only took a second for it to reveal he was in his room.

Liar. You know that tracking app works both ways.

What do you want?

Come out with us tonight!

No.

What is wrong with you?
You've been acting strange
since Cannes.

Nothing. I'm fine.

You know I could make you come.
I should have my Keeper with me
in these dangerous times.

If you're going to threaten me then threaten me.

Jesus. Sorry. Forget I asked.

I'm sorry. I just...

What is it? What happened in Cannes?
It was something big because everyone is acting weird.

Luc watched as the little three dot bubble came up and then went away, over and over again. As if he was writing something and then deleting it again. Or he was writing a novel - which was stupid. If it was that long just call. Luc finally couldn't take it any longer.

Did the worst occur?
Did you walk in on Jack and Avery?

The three dot bubble disappeared and didn't come back. He was getting close. It wasn't usually this hard to get information out of Stellan, it must have been very scaring. Which meant the only way to pry it out of him was to infuriate him. Luc rubbed his hands together for a minute, excited for the task.