7| Carnival

"Heather, are you okay?" Harry suddenly asked me, snapping me out of the horrific daze I was in.

I was spinning round and round, going upside down and I felt horrible. I could barely breath and my heart was beating irrationally fast and any second I was going to be thrown out of the cart and would fall to my death.

I nodded numbly. "F-Fine."

"Are you sure? You're looking a little pale." Harry pointed out.

I wanted to tell him that I was pale anyway, but I couldn't form the words. I wanted to get off. Before my legs were so numb I just collapsed over. "Is it nearly over?" I asked, not wanting to open my eyes as I continued to feel myself thrash about.

"Heather, we haven't even moved yet." Harry said.

My eyes snapped open and I quickly looked around and sure enough, we were still on the ground sitting in the carts waiting to go. I felt like a total idiot and I heard Harry burst into laughter beside me. My cheeks went red.

"Oh." I said.

Harry turned to me. "Not a fan of rollercoasters huh?"

"I......no. I kind of feel like I'm going to die. You know?"

Harry laughed under his breath. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I looked away. I wanted to tell him that I didn't want to embarrass myself, but I had already done that anyway. But luckily, Harry spoke again.

"We can get off if you want?" He said, starting to move.

"Alright! Let's go!" The operator suddenly called as the bars in front of us locked on us.

The sudden movement shocked me and the realisation that I was trapped hit me. Without thinking, I reached out quickly and grabbed Harry's hand, grasping it in my own.

Harry looked down at his hand with a sort of shocked expression and I followed his gaze. We both looked up at each other, meeting each other's gaze, and Harry smiled at me before squeezing my hand. "You'll be okay." He reassured.

I gave a small smile back and looked away again, feeling a little comforted as the cart started moving and we moved along the track. And I never let go of Harry's hand the whole ride, and he didn't let go of mine either.

-----

As soon as the carts stopped and the bars were off, I leapt out of the cart as fast as I possibly could and nearly collapsed on the ground. Harry laughed as he reached me and held me upright.

"See, you survived!" He cried, flashing me his adorable smile.

"Barely." I commented, still shuddering from the ride. I was surprised Harry still had a hand by the way I was grabbing it when we rode along.

Harry laughed again. "Come on, let's go get something to eat. I'm starving!"

My stomach dropped. "Uh, yeah. Sure."

Harry grinned and took off. I followed him as he walked towards the eating area of the park, the section that just had plastic tables and chairs set up and a few makeshift food stalls around it, and sat down at the only spare table.

"You don't want anything?" Harry asked me as I set my prizes down on the table.

I looked up at him to see him hovering by the table, his hands wrapped around his wallet. "Uh, no. I had a huge breakfast." I lied.

Harry looked hesitant but nodded and walked towards a stall. Whilst I waited for him to get back, I looked around at all the people that were at the carnival. It always surprised me just how many people turned up to these things. It just goes to show how much people love entertainment, no matter if it's old fashioned.