twenty

I was the first one that walked back into the dropship. As if it was fate, I was able to hear Octavia softly crying in the upper lever. I called her name quietly to let her know we were back, and she stopped making noise. I heard her stand on her feet and walk over to the ladder. I knew Octavia well; she didn't like crying in front of people, especially Bellamy. It made her look weak, or so she thought. While I believed the opposite, I helped her conceive herself anyways.

"I can't believe we're back here again," Clarke said to herself before crawling up the ladder to Octavia and Lincoln.

It really was hard to realize you were at the place where everything started; where everything moulded into the experiences of being on the ground. Where it moulded a relationship you wish to have for so long.

"Zen, come on," Bellamy spoke, startling me. I snapped out of my gaze, following behind up on the ladder. When we got to the second floor, I saw Clarke slowly moving towards Lincoln.

"Can you help him?" Octavia asked Clarke. "Can't you, Zen?" When she turned her attention to me, I was nervous because of my answer. I really wasn't sure if either one of us blondes could actually do something.

"I don't know," Clarke replied as if reading my mind. "I knew Mount Weather controlled the Reapers... I had no idea they were creating them."

"Makes this shit a whole lot scarier than it originally was," I commented.

"If they can do that to Lincoln, what're they doing to our friends?" Bellamy asked us cautiously.

"If we think that way, we kill ourselves. We kill Lincoln." I take off my jacket and throw it across the floor before finishing. "Right now, all we worry about is getting him back to normal. We can imagine the horror our friends are going through later. Selfish? Maybe. But we can help Lincoln right now; he's in front of us. Our friends aren't. We can't do anything even if we wanted to." Everyone was silent as they took in my speech. It came out harsher than I wanted it to, but we needed to focus on Lincoln. He would've done the same thing for one of us. "Now, come on. We all need to help."

Octavia mouthed a thank you my way, continuing to run her fingers across Lincoln's head. I looked over his body, trying to find any sort of wound that could be fixed.

It had only been a few seconds before Lincoln started to move, thrashing all of his limbs to the best of his ability. I watched as the chains connected to the wall began to shift, sending tiny particles of dust into the air as the friction fights against the metal.

"He's convulsing," Clarke said, still not sure what to do.

"S-so what does it mean?" Octavia asked quietly.

"What happened to his leg?" Clarke suddenly wondered.

"They shot him," Octavia replied, still not speaking over the frequency of a small mouse.

"He's lost a lot of blood," Bellamy commented.

"It won't stop bleeding until the bullet is out and the wound is closed," I told everyone. "Bellamy, go down and try to find a material that can be heated, and see if any moonshine is left."

Bellamy nodded before turning towards the ladder shaft.

"Hold on," Clarke said, sticking her arm out to holt the older boy. "Zen, grab a flashlight and shine it over his neck."

I pulled one out of my back pocket, illuminating the spot Clarke was peering down at.

"Needle marks..." she inferred.

"You think he's being drugged?" Bellamy asked, jerking as he got startled from Lincoln's fast paced movements.

"It would explain how they're being turned... but not by what," I said, talking at an easy sounding tone to not disturb Lincoln any more. It didn't work, though, and in the span of three seconds, both of his arm chains tore out from the dropship walls, and reached out to grab me. While doing so, he lifted his body, lurching himself on top of me. His jaw snapped towards my skin, coming a bit too close after every one. My arms were starting to shake due to holding Lincoln's strong shoulders up off of me. "Son of a bitch, Bellamy!"