The Start

My friends and I decided to go to Forestville, Minnesota for a fun getaway from Chicago since it's always crazy busy everywhere and it's not the greatest place for a spring break getaway if I say so myself. Anyway it all started like any other trip we've taken. I got all the girls one by one first with Sammy cause she lived the closest to me and the rest are on the way to Minnesota. I went and got Daisy and Emma since they live together being super close sisters. Then last but least Cassie cause she was still at her college dorm working on school that isn't due until after spring break like two weeks after actually. Now that I have gotten them all we started the big trip of the year for us since this is our senior year of college and we probably won't get much time for each other afterwards.

" Yo Alex why do you have your video camera? I thought you weren't going to be filming this trip since you already landed an internship out in LA with a film producer company." Emma said from the back of the car

" Alex, you took the internship out in LA I thought you were going to go to New York City with me once school finished." Sammy commented back with a sad tone

"Really Emma I didn't tell everyone my decision cause it wasn't set yet because I needed to make my decision by the end of spring break and depending on the decision I make I still have one more video for my portfolio. Sammy the decision isn't final and I know you want me to, but maybe we can move to LA there is still a lot of chances of becoming a costume designer there as well as modeling if you still wanted to do that instead."

Everything went kinda quiet after that, but then Cassie turned on some music that everyone likes and that got all of us to dance and sing together. We all started to get hungry, so I pulled off the highway and stopped at this gas station to get food, drinks and some directions on where the city was since we were close but our phones died since we were all up all night texting about the trip. It actually turned out that we were about thirty minutes away from the city and motel that we were going to be staying at. We all got back into the car and drove the rest of the way to the motel which in the pictures looked a lot nicer than in person.

"Okay guys stay in the car I'm going to check in and get the keys for our room. I'll be right back then we can go to our room okay."

I walked into the office and I felt like I was walking into an old run down motel from a scary movie. It just didn't give me the vibe it did online when I booked the room the week. I went up and rang the bell on the counter at the front of the office. A small old lady with flat ironed white hair and navy blue eyes came out of a closed door off to the side of the counter.

"Can I help you, young lady."

"Yes I'm here to check in"

"What's your name young lady?"

"Alex Smith the room for five. I booked the room online."

"Ah yes you have room 213 it's the second from the last, so can park around the building if you would like and here are the keys. Have a nice stay."

I walked back to the car as fast as I could because that office was extremely creepy and unsettling to me. I didn't say a word when I got just started the car drove down further closer to our room.