Birthday Surprise (Shadow x Wife Reader)

You sat at your desk at work. You sighed as you worked on your report. You looked over at the photo of you Shadow and Scarlet. Of course the two of them were frowning. You then went back to work. "It's noon. I better get some lunch." You said saving your report and going to the cafeteria. "How's the report coming?" Amy asked. "It's going pretty good. I just hope the boss likes it." You said. "Hey Silver, Blaze and I are going out for dinner. Are you in?" She said grabbing a cup of coffee. "Thanks but no thanks. I have to take care of Scarlet. It's so hard to find a babysitter last minute. Also I really have to work." You said taking a bite of food. "Is Shadow home yet?" She asked. "No he should be back in a month or so." You hadn't heard from him for a while now. Was he alright? Was he hurt? Was he dead? You had all these questions and no answers. You didn't know where he was. All you knew was that he was on a top secret mission. "I'm sorry ___." Amy said hugging you. "No it's alright. I'll hear from him soon. I'm sure of it." You said with a sad smile on your face.
*Time skip*
You drove to go pick up Scarlet from daycare but, only to find out that your mom picked her up. So now you had to drive to your mom's house. You opened the door."Mommy!" Scarlet said walking up to you. "Hi honey." You said picking her up. "Why did you pick her up? You pick her up Mondays and Wednesdays." You asked. "Is it wrong for a grandma to spend time with her granddaughter?" "No. Next time call or text me." You said. "Alright dear." She said. Scarlet waved. "Bye." She said kissing Scarlet on the head. You shut the door and put Scarlet in her car seat. "No!" She said. "No what?" You asked. "No!" "Sometimes I don't understand you." You said buckling her in. "Yes!" "Alright then." You said shutting the car door. You then went into the drivers seat. "Okay home we go!" You said.  "No!" She said. "Yes!" "No!" "Yes!" "No!" You said. "Yes!" She said. "I always win." You whispered backing out.

*Time skip*
"Finally." You said taking her out of the car seat. "Daddy!" She said. "What daddy isn't here? You silly." "Daddy!" You put her down. She ran to the door. 'Weird she never does that." You thought. You ran after her. You opened the door. "Silver stop eating all the cookies." Someone whispered. "Surprise!" All your friends said. "What's this all about?" You said. "Happy birthday!" They yelled. "I love you mommy!" Scarlet said hugging you. "I love you too." You said hugging her back. "She's not the only one who loves you." You heard a familiar voice behind you. You turned around to see Shadow. "Daddy!" Scarlet said. "Shadow." You said tears forming. "I missed you!" You yelled hugging him. "I know. I missed you too. I couldn't stop thinking about you." He said kissing you on the lips."No." She said covering her eyes. You put down Scarlet she ran off to her playroom to play. "That's just like her isn't it." You said smiling. "Oh please _____ she's just like you." He said. "That sounds like something you would have done." You said smiling. "No not really." He said. You turned to him. "Happy birthday ___." He said hugging you. "Thanks." You said.