If only I could wish

Today was going to be another boring day. Or that’s what I thought. I was seating by my opened-window with pink curtains on the side, it was drizzling outside and I let the breezy wind blow my curly, brown hair with a single red streak, back and flow as I watched the people who walked past by my house. I had been sitting at the window for the better part of an hour. It was something which I liked to do. I liked to watch the people as they walked past and imagine their stories. I would often make up their wild and wonderful stories, and I could almost believe that they were true. As I looked down, there was a group of cheerleaders holding pink-coloured umbrellas from my school chatting, a middle-aged man talking on the phone under his black umbrella, a sporty girl running with both of her Yorkshire terrier and Labrador retriever, kids with their raincoats and many other kinds of people walking past by.

However, there was a guy with a black and white striped hoodie and blue jeans who have caught my attention. He wasn’t holding any umbrella like the rest. I watched him walk slowly, he looked kind of exhausted. To my surprised, he fell to the ground. I was shocked. I mean, who would just right in front of your house? That strange guy would. He just lay on the ground under the rain, motionless. Without thinking, I just quickly rushed out of my house with an umbrella and see what’s going on with that strange guy who fell in front of my house. The passer-bys didn’t even care to help him out and just continued walking.      

I approached him and said, “Hey!”

He didn’t respond back.

I kneeled down and asked, “Are you alright?”

“A…” He responded.

I stared at his face; and noticed that he had wavy, sable brown hair, since his hood fell. The guy didn’t seem fine at all. “Hey!” I shouted, again and shook him a little. When I looked at him, his face was totally pale. Then, suddenly a lightingstruck causing the whole sky to light up and a fraction of a second later thunder sounded. I hate thunders. Then the rain began to grow heavier. If this guy stays here for some time he might die. So, I decided to bring this stranger in my house.  I didn’t want him to leave there on the cold ground all alone after all.  My parents wouldn’t mind a stranger coming into our house anyways. I think.

“Huh?” The stranger’s crystal blue eyes stared at me as I tried to help him stand up and put his arms over my shoulders. I realized that he was tall as my head just reach his shoulders. It was hard for me to help him with just one hand and the other to hold the umbrella to keep us dry.

“I’m trying to help you.” I told him.

The guy didn’t say anything but smiled at me.

Phew, I thought he was going to push me away and be a jerk that says he doesn’t need my help.

“Be careful of your steps,” I warned him as we went up the porch, slowly.

-

-

-

Once we were inside, I left the guy on the green sofa set and went to get a blanket for him. I went up my room, quickly took my most favourite blanket which my grandmother made for me and walked back to the living room. As I placed the blanket on the guy, I looked at his pale face as he’s breathing heavily. I rushed to the kitchen and made him a hot chocolate for him to drink.

I handed to him the cup of hot chocolate, “Here drink this. It’s hot though.”

“…Uhh...” With his last force, he sat up, took the hot chocolate from my hand and drank it slowly. I sat beside him and helped blew the hot chocolate for him, to make it a little bit cooler. He didn’t mind that my red as a tomato face was close to his. When he finished drinking, I felt relieved as he looked better now. He handed me back the mug and managed to say, “Thanks.” I placed the mug on the coffee table, I felt lazy putting it to the kitchen sink to wash.